in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-11-2008 12:55 AM by jvezina. 36 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2008 3:31 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Bredene near Ostend-Belgium
    • Posts 143
    • Bronze Member

Re: Are you 100% happy with your B&O setup?

bayerische:
    I just set up my iPhone as a remote to my iTunes, and connected it to the BS9000 aux via the airport base station. Man this is SWEET!  

I'm using AIRFOIL to do the same, very good and you could use any player on your computer, works also with Beoplayer.

Give it a try

Yes, I kown my spelling is horrible… Huh?

• 11-05-2008 3:38 PM In reply to

90% happy. Wish digital MasterLink

Translate text to your language with:
  • 11-05-2008 3:38 PM In reply to

You propely know but yes its 100% despite the trouble of getting it together. Hell travel is good!

• 11-05-2008 4:33 PM In reply to

Chris:

bayerische:
    I just set up my iPhone as a remote to my iTunes, and connected it to the BS9000 aux via the airport base station. Man this is SWEET!  

I'm using AIRFOIL to do the same, very good and you could use any player on your computer, works also with Beoplayer.

Give it a try

OK, thanks I'll try that. Does Beoplayer work on Mac? 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-06-2008 6:42 PM In reply to

What I am left with I am reasonably happy. I recently returned 2 Serenes - destroyed my phone books on the BC6000's. We had two of them and neither worked well. Returned BS3 which did not work - faulty control panel on the top. Wireless system has been returned several times until finally the setup I have now works.I have BC 2 which often flickers from colour to B&W yet the same DVD on a cheap Sony player plays perfectly! The picture on my Avant is off-centre and does not seem to be able to be fixed (have had several visits from Service dept.) I have a wall of wires behind my BC2, Avant and BL 8000 speakers which is intolerable but where can I hide them? I have tried making false skirting but it is only partially successful.I use a Mac, itunes, airport express and love it's ease of use.

Patrick

• 11-06-2008 6:58 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Brilliant thread!  Thanks Dave for starting itSmile

99.98% happy!

If only my Beo5 was two way, and 7000 system could handle NMUSIC.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-08-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

I didn't know you had Beo5, Andy. How are you getting on with it?
  • 11-09-2008 8:37 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Stars:
    I didn't know you had Beo5, Andy. How are you getting on with it?

Surprise I think Peter and I were the very first Beoworlders to get one!

I must admit that I am ashamed to say that mine is a bit like Peter's, a pretty ornament.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-09-2008 8:46 AM In reply to

Jandyt:

I must admit that I am ashamed to say that mine is a bit like Peter's, a pretty ornament.

Same here...nice object, but not very practical... 

• 11-09-2008 9:10 AM In reply to

Bieele:

- The video part is 50% ok; my Avant is showing problems and I can not find a proper replacement in the current program (price/performance wise). This is a tricky problem since I am a big movie lover and really want to keep my DD surround sound; B&O only has 'high investment' solutions for this.

Bieele 

An alternative is if you're such an movie lover buy yourself a HD beamer (e.g. a Epson TW1000/2000) and a (secondhand) PS3.

HD material through the beamer and the music through the digital optical/coax avant.

This works for me at the moment.

I also use the avant for daily use and the beamer for movies. Especially the HD movies on Blu-Ray are a joy the watch on the big screen.

A often heard disadvantage using the beamer is daylight. But with the kids having around during the day the only time to watch is at night (when it's dark outside).

But to answer the question.

I'm 99,50% happy with my setup which consists of :

Avant RF DVD, HDR2,2x TF5500/7710, PS3, Wii, modified Penta3's, BL6000, BS3200, BV6 (kitchen), MX7002 (Bedroom), Beoport and several other actives and beolabs in linkrooms

The other 0,5 % is the missing (remote)link between the Epson TW700, Denon 2930. Have tried the logitech which works but hasn't the same robust feel as the Beo4 (cinema). 

• 11-09-2008 12:04 PM In reply to

I'm 100% happy with Beovision MX 7000 and Beo4, Beolink 1000 and Beolink 7000 remote's. With my other equipment I have some minor issues.

My Beocenter 9300 is working very well, but the CD lid is slightly noisy and not properly aligned with the fixed panel. I've had it fixed a long while ago, but very soon afterwards, it wasn't properly aligned again. Never had that problem with the tape lid. It plays through non B&O speakers, which I plan to change to Beolabs in the future. Just haven't decided which Beolab just yet...

My Beosystem 2300 has the RDS module, but it usually reads the P 1 on the display and I have to change the display manually to see the radiostation's name. The entire CD-mechanism was replaced about 18 months ago, but occasionaly it fails to play CD's. Shutting the system down usually helps. And I think when you don't use the remote control the doors are a bit annoying. It seems I have to wait a snap second before they open. The Beosystem 2300 is connected to a pair of Beolab 2500's which work fine.

The Beocom 4 is a very nice phone to use in my opinion, but it's ringtones are a bit dodgy. Some people would argue that the shape isn't very good as it's very difficult to keep the phone to your ear using your shoulder. I'm not one of them, by the way.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-11-2008 12:55 AM In reply to

I have my Beovision 7-40 for more than one year now and I didn't have any problems. So, I am fully satisfied with it. 

I occasionally connect a Macbook Pro computer to the TV using a DVI to HDMI adapter cable for video and an optical to coaxial converter for audio and everything works perfectly. Pictures and movies from the computer are displayed in 1920X1080 resolution without any glitch. 

My older MX-5000 is still working well.

Regards,

Jean 

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2