in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-11-2008 12:55 AM by jvezina. 36 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2008 8:56 PM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Are you 100% happy with your B&O setup?

A question courtesy of member 'wonderfulelectric' was posted in a thread re BS5, but i've moved it out into the open because it think it's a great question... 

Just how many of you are 100% happy with your full B&O system right now?

My answer? I'm not far from 100%. The issue is, both of my TV's have STB controllers, but are useless because my boxes aren't in the list! Sad NON B&o remotes are horrible to have laying around. If that were fixed, i'd hit the 100%. That and if masterlink carried video signal...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-03-2008 9:02 PM In reply to

Re: Are you 100% happy with your B&O setup?

I am near 100%. The only things that make it  less than 100% are the wires behind the BV7, which I am still looking for a good solution to and my desire to have more B and O items. 

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-03-2008 10:59 PM In reply to

Dave:

A question courtesy of member 'wonderfulelectric' was posted in a thread re BS5, but i've moved it out into the open because it think it's a great question... 

My answer? I'm not far from 100%. The issue is, both of my TV's have STB controllers, but are useless because my boxes aren't in the list! Sad NON B&o remotes are horrible to have laying around. If that were fixed, i'd hit the 100%. That and if masterlink carried video signal...

My answer is maybe 20%. I was really excited when I first bought my B&O but the after sale service is terrible. That's the reason I decided to sell my B&O collection. I've sent 2 e-mail to B&O and no answer few months later....!!!!!

I've just sold my Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 4000, Beosound 4, Beosound 9000, Beosound 2 etc....   now is on sale my Beotalk 1200 and Beolab 1......

I was ready to buy Beosound 5 and Beo5.............but there is no way I'll do that mistake!

all sold!

• 11-03-2008 11:10 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I am 95% satisfied.  I have an Avant/US, a BS-9000, a pair of BL-6000 speakers, an AppleTV, an Xbox 360, and an old Reveox A-77 all hooked up together.  If I stay with my Beo4 I am in heaven, the Beo5 is the source of my only frustration...and I know that it is just a tweak here and there to get it right.

But the devil is in the details.... 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 11-03-2008 11:23 PM In reply to

I'm 100% happy with my setup.

1. BV7-40 - have two early 2005 HD Ready models. We can't all keep up with the latest technology with a new TV every other week. However, with DVD, it's pretty solid and will last a few more years. Upgraded with the Freeview STB card. Wish I had not bothered as most programmes are rubbish anyway. Still looks brand new and friends still get tricked to thinking it's still the very latest. Moving the BV7 as much as I do, you get used to hiding wires. Not a problem for me.

1. BL5 - Just keep sounding better and better. Doubt I will every sell these. Looking for a second pair.

1. BL3 - Ditto, discrete little surround rears. Again, rock-solid and I can see these too will last and last and last.

1. BC2 - one of the very first out of the factory. Been another rock-solid work horse. Plays CD's only (no scart connect) via the sp/dif. Integrates beautifully well with the BL5's and BV7-40 to provide digital sound output.

1. Serenata - Surprisingly nice and simple. Was not initially impressed but has grown on me. Does everything a mobile should and no more. Even the texting becomes quick once you get used to it (and that you can hear the clicks - otherwise harder to text fast). The user interface I find to be a gem once you get used to it.

1. Beo5 - got it for the "wow" factor and had to force myself off the Beo4. It has been extensively programmed/optimised just the way I want it. Has the same basic faults and the Beocenter 9500 and BL7000 i.e. finger prints. So happy the Beosound 5 won't be touch screen. Not wholly a good idea really.

1. BS1 (SE) - again another little workhorse which gives honest CD and Radio to the kitchen. Simple, fuss-free music. Another long-termer.

Overall, I think I have a very solid and dependable AV system which is used daily and gives a huge amount of pleasure. It's not the latest or greatest, but is good enough for me to last a good few more years. I just don't see that I am missing all that much - if anything at all with the latest gadgets. It's smooth, sophisticated, perfectly integrated and dead-simple to operate. If you wanna watch TV, DVD or listen to a CD or radio, it does it all very competently. If you want to pay £25,000 to play features or  twiddle settings, well, you're wasting your money. There is plenty of equipment on the market which can do that much for cheaper.

10%

• 11-04-2008 1:32 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

I am 75% happy;

- The music part of my setup is 100% ok: BS9000; BL1 and BL2.

- The video part is 50% ok; my Avant is showing problems and I can not find a proper replacement in the current program (price/performance wise). This is a tricky problem since I am a big movie lover and really want to keep my DD surround sound; B&O only has 'high investment' solutions for this.

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 11-04-2008 1:57 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

80% happy with my combo of BS3200 ML to Avant ML to BeoPort ML to BL3500.

I guess my 20% frustration comes to being skint and wanting nice speakers, I only have my other BL2500 I've had since day one of B&O ownership  

• 11-04-2008 3:11 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

11048437:
    My answer is maybe 20%. I was really excited when I first bought my B&O but the after sale service is terrible. That's the reason I decided to sell my B&O collection. I've sent 2 e-mail to B&O and no answer few months later....!!!!!

I've just sold my Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 4000, Beosound 4, Beosound 9000, Beosound 2 etc....   now is on sale my Beotalk 1200 and Beolab 1......

I was ready to buy Beosound 5 and Beo5.............but there is no way I'll do that mistake!

Isn't this a little bit of overreacting? The performance and quality of the equipment isn't affected by the after sales service. Maybe if something is malfunctioning and B&O are unwilling or unable to help you, but all of your list can't be defect!?

And what do you want as after sale service? I can understand that B&O are not very good to answer e-mail direct from costumers. It's more effecient that the shops handle this. They know the local market.

So I think you may explain more why you have decided to get rid of all B&O.

Dave:

Me? I say 95%.

I extend my collecting and masterlink system slowly and bit by bit. Everything is still performing as new and still gives me the B&O feeling.

The 5% missing belongs to the inability of the masterlink system to handle multiple sources. My kids can't listen to music in the living room (unless they use the DVD) when I listen to sports on the radio somewhere else. (The other way round is not an option Big Smile)

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 11-04-2008 3:36 AM In reply to

Razlaw:
    I am near 100%. The only things that make it  less than 100% are the wires behind the BV7, which I am still looking for a good solution to and my desire to have more B and O items. 

Hehe

Well I concur. Am also not entirely happy with my DVD not being region free. All in all, I'd go for 80% happiness.

• 11-04-2008 4:15 AM In reply to

I'm 100% happy.

I must say that the Beolab 5's are far beyond my expectations. The Beosound 9000 is an absolute gorgeous  CD and radio player that suits so well with the Lab5's.

I had a more expensive Stereo setup (only CD) before, the B&o one is about 22.000 euro, and my old one was around 25.000 euro. Which is better? The B&O. And that's no "BS". I must admit, I moved to B&O for personal reasons, and not for "I'm going to get a better sounding system", cause I didn't actually believe that I would get a better system.

I have come to the conclusion that B&O is actually great value for money, probably more so than many of the high-end audio manufacturers.

But try and convince a HIFI nut of this? Impossible. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-04-2008 6:24 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

bayerische:

I'm 100% happy.

I must say that the Beolab 5's are far beyond my expectations. The Beosound 9000 is an absolute gorgeous  CD and radio player that suits so well with the Lab5's.

I had a more expensive Stereo setup (only CD) before, the B&o one is about 22.000 euro, and my old one was around 25.000 euro. Which is better? The B&O. And that's no "BS". I must admit, I moved to B&O for personal reasons, and not for "I'm going to get a better sounding system", cause I didn't actually believe that I would get a better system.

I have come to the conclusion that B&O is actually great value for money, probably more so that many of the high-end audio manufacturers.

But try and convince a HIFI nut of this? Impossible. 

Beolab 5 IS UNBELIEVABLY good value for money no doubts whatsoever there.

Selling all of your B&o (especially the bl4000's - why oh why? these are one of B&o's most versatile and robust products!) because of dodgy after sales service in your region is just stupidity in my opinion, but each to there own eh?

You know, Constantine, you can indeed call B&o head office direct > have you tried this? It just kind of confuses and upsets me to see someone not appreciate the products because of something that hardly effects the products themselves.

I don't feel that intensely, but all of my B&o is like a extension of me, i gave my mint ouverture with 2500's away to my ex partner because i couldn't bare to sell it to a stranger. I have my Beosound1 boxed up for the same reason. Call ME stupid... lol

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-04-2008 6:40 AM In reply to

I love my Beo setup. Giving me pleasure everyday. The only thing I am not too sure is the Beo5. Needs charging too often. Too many click for something I could do much more easily with even a Beolink 1000.

p.

• 11-04-2008 7:19 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Is see my B&O setup in different ways. I love it 100% in the way of art (I love it every day when I look at it, even when it's off), but I love it 50% in the way of music. In the past I loved it 90% for music, but since I have visited some high-end audio dealers my opion changed. In the future I will split the systems. One design system for the living, and one pure audio system for the music Smile

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 11-04-2008 7:39 AM In reply to

I just set up my iPhone as a remote to my iTunes, and connected it to the BS9000 aux via the airport base station. Man this is SWEET!  

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-04-2008 7:50 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

bayerische:
    I just set up my iPhone as a remote to my iTunes, and connected it to the BS9000 aux via the airport base station. Man this is SWEET!  

Not according to Trip it isn't! ;)

Seriously, I'm now 95% happy with my B&O equipment after some serious investment during the last 12 months:

Beolab 5s - worked straight out of the box. Superb. Can't fault.

Beocenter 2 - looks good, works well, connected to my Airport Express audio media server and also to the lab 5's. Sometimes it won't go from radio to the CD (it switches back to the radio), but again works well. Pleased with the purchase.

Beolab 9s - worked straight out of the box, connected to BV7-40, superb for movies. Great movie speakers.

BV8-26 - didn't work out of the box. Took ages to link correctly to my BV7-40. Had to change masterlink modules a few times etc etc. Went on for a few months.

BV7-40 MKIII - apart from the crash-to-off issue, it's a fantastic TV. Hopefully the crash issue is resolved with sw 5. It wasn't present before sw 4.24, so I still remember a full working TV ;)

Beosound 4 - superb, work straight out of the box, also connected to my streaming audio server

Beolab 3s - superb, work straight out of the box, connected to BS4 above

Beosound 3 - stopped working two weeks ago, although it was sunjected to little use. Should be controllable by Beo4. Volume at least.

At the moment, I don't have much more room for any more B&O equipment!

• 11-04-2008 7:52 AM In reply to

I'm about 90% happy. I'm reserving 10% for the BeoSound 5! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-04-2008 7:58 AM In reply to

bayerische:

At the moment, I don't have much more room for any more B&O equipment!

There is always room for more B&O!!

I'm thinking of the 37" plasma. Don't know if it's good though.

• 11-04-2008 8:04 AM In reply to

It was actually Moxxey that said that, I still have room 

-Andreas

• 11-04-2008 8:26 AM In reply to

BeoVision 8 - 40 will have built in surround... Maybe this is your new tv?

H

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 11-04-2008 8:29 AM In reply to

The DVD not being region free can be fixed as easy as nothing..

H.

• 11-04-2008 8:36 AM In reply to

Im 99,6 % happy with my setup.

Living room: BeoVision 7 - 40 MKIII, BeoLab 7 - 4, Motorised floorstand, BeoLab 3, BeoLab 2, Beo5

Kitchen: BeoSound 1 (great sound in no space and my girlfriend has her ipod connected=happy girlfiend)

Pocket: Serenata

The picture is great, the sound is perfect for such small speakers and with a BeoLab 2 my BeoLab 3's are twice the speakers...!

One thing im most happy about: my motorstand for the tv.. I use it on a daily basis to turn and tilt the tv.

One thing im not so happy about: the SW problems with The BeoVision 7 - 40 (this will hopefully be resolved within the month)

H

• 11-04-2008 11:17 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

With the Stereo Audio part I am 100% happy! Lab5 in the media room are just my best investment in any hifi gear ever. BS9000 with two lab4 is just a piece of art in my kitchen, sound is suprisingly good (very challenging room acustic) and a Lab2000 in the bathroom. 

The Video part is jst a 80-90%: I am 100% happy with my B3-32 in my office and the BV1 in my bedroom, rock solid operation, superb picture, great integration.

However, the BS3 in my media room ist still a "working" area. The video performance is not that great as promised, difficulties with refresh rates with my full HD projector etc. So that is more a 60-70%

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 11-04-2008 11:40 AM In reply to

Interesting question.

The Beolab/Beomaster 5000, Beogram 4000 setup in my reading room is a source of endless joy. Nothing to complain about there.

My Beosystem 6500/BeoVision 8 combo in the office is connected to a BeoLab 2000 in the kitchen. I love the way these units talk together, across a 1611. Nothing to complain about - and the fact that I can dial up the DTV/STB and switch channels to listen to television sound in the kitchen and then switch to the Beosystem, through the BeoLab 2000, amazes me. Kudos to B&O.

My BeoLab 5/BeoLab 3 two-channel and surround setup in the listening room is also a source of joy - bringing me deep into my music (and movies). I have chosen to go non-B&O when it comes to the audio source - chiefly because I'm a Mac nut, and wanted to make the most of the options that gives me. I feel B&O needs to catch up when it comes to providing control of digital sources, and I will want to hang on to the flexibility that my Mac mini gives me, compared to other solutions. But the sound I'm hearing is 100%, music and movies.

Overall - I'm at 90% with my B&O, and would have been at 100% if I had all B&O in the main listening room, but that requires some catching up from B&O's side when it comes to digital sources and internet streaming.

• 11-04-2008 11:49 AM In reply to

Hi,

I'm very satisfied with my B&O items.

Since we moved to Canada from Europe we have used several sound systems ranging from the more generic systems to bose and something more exotic with Denon and rotel etc. Only to be frustrated and buying a used beosound 6500 component system.

Unbelievable how good this (now almost completely restored) roughly 20 yr old system now sounds with the penta's that we bought to go with it.  My wife is totally sold on the B&O concept and the use of the beo4 ( we also have powerlinked an av7000 with cx50/100's) and is now reluctant to have it whole system upgraded .....

Indeed it's true that after sales service is lacking, especially here in North America it seems. When you have an older system like I do they're not very interested.... 

Our latest acquisition are a pair of new  B&O headphones and a new beocom phone. Again we're fully satisfied with these items.

Next year we will buy some new beolab speakers as the penta's are not the nicest looking speakers and we want something that fits better in our interior. Maybe beolab 8000 or beolab 9's. Again those will be bought new and we are looking forward to that.

Overall we are very satisfied with our B&O items and feel we buy quality products. I have also followed the beosound 5 threads on this forum and will look into it when it is in the store. It could be purchase we consider in a maybe a couple of years when the product has fully matured.

Regards,

• 11-05-2008 1:35 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

My setup is very basic IMO, but I am 99.9% happy with it. BV3-32 Masterlinked to a BS3000. Don't have any other speakers apart from those in the BV3. Intergration is perfect as I would expect, and the sound is more the OK for the size if room we have. Sold my Beoport as I was always sat at the PC when I was using it anyway. If I could change one thing it would be to have Datalink on the BS3000.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >