in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-04-2008 10:01 AM by Weebyx. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2008 6:30 PM

• Kiwi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

BV4-50 and 2 different STB-C tables

We are watching satelite and normal TV. 

My BS2 + BV4-50 setup is well integrated with a satelite decoder currently available in the built-in STB-C controller list (table 3.61).
    We are watching cable TV via the normal TV plug and the built-in tuner of the BS2.
    The cable provider is trying to convince me (very hard) to switch from analog TV to digital TV, which also needs a separate decoder.
    The problem is that this TV decoder is listed in the STB-C table 4.01 (but the satelite decoder isn't listed there anymore).

I thought of a solution where I'ld upgrade the BS to STB-C table 4.01 and buy a HDR1 (with built-in STB-C table 3.61) and connect the satelite decoder to the HDR1.

Will this work ? Are there any other (cheaper) solutions or any other way to use both STB-C tables ?

• 11-03-2008 6:48 PM In reply to

Re: BV4-50 and 2 different STB-C tables

I had a similiar problem when our satellite box was removed from the list. B and O provided a modified version of the software for me that re-included the removed box.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-04-2008 1:34 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Another method would be to buy the Lintronic solution. This is an advantage if you have more non-B&O equipment you would like to operate with your Beo4.

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 11-04-2008 4:23 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Kiwi:

We are watching satelite and normal TV. 

My BS2 + BV4-50 setup is well integrated with a satelite decoder currently available in the built-in STB-C controller list (table 3.61).
    We are watching cable TV via the normal TV plug and the built-in tuner of the BS2.
    The cable provider is trying to convince me (very hard) to switch from analog TV to digital TV, which also needs a separate decoder.
    The problem is that this TV decoder is listed in the STB-C table 4.01 (but the satelite decoder isn't listed there anymore).

I thought of a solution where I'ld upgrade the BS to STB-C table 4.01 and buy a HDR1 (with built-in STB-C table 3.61) and connect the satelite decoder to the HDR1.

Will this work ? Are there any other (cheaper) solutions or any other way to use both STB-C tables ?

I keep wondering why there are all these "my product is not in the stb list" questions ? It seems that the B&O dealers are not making a big enough issue out of telling their costumers that the STB list in the tv can be modified 100% to suit the costumers needs.

B&O has a list of hundreds and hundreds of boxes they can control, off course not all these boxes can exists in the tv at once. Therefore, just tell your dealer what boxes you have, and he will make a STB list just for you.

/Weebyx

• 11-04-2008 9:32 AM In reply to

As far as i know; the STB SW in a BeoSYstem 2 is a SW brick and NOT an updateble one. I know that shope can order a SW from the factory but this usually costs 200 400 euro....Ick!

The SW in the HDR1/2 is on the other hand easy to upgrade via a SW..

H

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 11-04-2008 10:01 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

BMGHB:

As far as i know; the STB SW in a BeoSYstem 2 is a SW brick and NOT an updateble one. I know that shope can order a SW from the factory but this usually costs 200 400 euro....Ick!

The SW in the HDR1/2 is on the other hand easy to upgrade via a SW..

H

Ok, my bad :) But i didn't think that B&O would be so stupid as to create STB tables that could not be updated to the users need.

Thank god for BS3 then :)

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)