in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-04-2008 9:47 AM by moxxey. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2008 5:06 PM

B&O small business partnership

I have a friend overseas who have recently contacted me and interested in purchasing B&O in larger quantities than regular retail purchases.
    He owns company that does upscale interior design and plans to include B&O as part of their design solutions.
    Does anyone know if B&O can provide discount sales for such purposes?
    Any help or contact information is greatly appreciated, feel free email or PM.

Preowned or demo products may also apply

Best Regards

David the BeoPerson
  • 11-04-2008 7:02 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Re: B&O small business partnership

I recommend him to contact one (or more for a second opinion) B&O shops to discuss a cooperation. I think it will be hard to become a B&O retailer on his own. He needs the competence in form of a seller who knows a lot about B&O and who stays updated.

The shop can also take care of any problems with the setups and guarantees. I do believe any shop would be interested in such cooperation and will certainly give him a good discount. This will also generate more sales for the shops when the clients wishes to expand their system.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 11-04-2008 7:59 AM In reply to

At the end of the day your friend may have better luck becoming a dealer. I don't know what country this person is in, but as a retailer I would never sell in quantity at a discount for resale. Margins are slim enough as it is. Why give up profit but retain responsibility for service & support? Why hurt fellow retailers in other areas? It is more productive to sell full price to the end user and give them the best service and support available than to send products out into deep space and hope that a middle man won't make a hash of it and turn off a potential client. 

We prefer to partner with design & build firms and sell direct to the end user with some measure of consideration (a bonus if you will) to the partner that originated the lead. For MDUs and hotels, there is a hospitality division that handles this directly.   

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-04-2008 8:37 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:
    For MDUs and hotels, there is a hospitality division that handles this directly.   

I was going to suggest that your friend contact this division.

• 11-04-2008 9:02 AM In reply to

Trip,
    My friend is in Russia and units will be shipped directly there.
    And ones who are familiar know that nothing is being done there properly. I'm sure they do have B&O dealers but for some reason he prefers to buy it here.

Thanks anyway for the comment
    David the BeoPerson
  • 11-04-2008 9:47 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I've been told that you can get up to a 50% discount from a joint promotion if you approach a local dealer - they want people to promote B&O products, locally, where (potential) customers will see the product.

If your friend is planning on showing off B&O equipment where it will be seen by potential customers, tell him to approach his local dealer with a business case. If it's for a hotel or other development, tell him to approach B&O directly.

My architect-based brother is always doing this with various suppliers and often secures a discount, although it's not huge. 10-15%? It will just be a volume order.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)