in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2008 4:35 AM by Peter. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-31-2008 12:01 PM

BeoSound Design Update

I was visiting my Austrian dealer today who told me that B&O are thinking to redesign BeoSound 9000, it should look more slim and will be like the present modell but with smaller dark grey panel which includes hidden operation button field (left from glass door), so more glass should be seen from the front, the posibility to put out new design is at the moment 50/50.

Does anybody know something about that?

He also confirmed that BeoSound 5 masterunit will in future be integrated in BeoVision 9.

• 10-31-2008 1:54 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound Design Update

I have heard about the beo sound 5 in to the Bv 9 but not the New design of the Beo Sound 9000 sounds good.Wonder if it will happen and a dvd or blueray playback would really up date the unit!Smile

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 10-31-2008 3:01 PM In reply to

Bv7Mk3:
    I have heard about the beo sound 5 in to the Bv 9 but not the New design of the Beo Sound 9000 sounds good.Wonder if it will happen and a dvd or blueray playback would really up date the unit!Smile

OMG. Imagine a 6 Bluray disk changer well talk about overkill. The most essential updates will be more of the reliability and sound quality areas and not the features I think. I mean it is like one of the most fragile machines ever. 

• 10-31-2008 3:36 PM In reply to

The Beosound 9000 is a great bit of B&O and many years ago just before the Beosound 3200  came out ( I had one of them ) I was told of a dvd play back ,possable up date to the 9000 and I was very dissapointed when it did not happen,so ended up with the Beosound 3200 for the hard drive.

I still think the 9000 is great and yes it is a fragile machine but still going strong!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 10-31-2008 3:48 PM In reply to

In what way is it a fragile machine?
  • 10-31-2008 4:03 PM In reply to

As told redesigned BeoSound 9000 should be the same machine as now + MP3 playback, but main chaneg would be design, where only the bigger glass dor wold be seen from the front. It is still not confirmed if they will redesign BeoSound 9000.
  • 10-31-2008 4:59 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Your description from the store representative in Austria sounds very good. 

The unit would require some base for the glass to retract onto, but more visual glass and more of the CD visible would certainly be an eyecatcher !

• 10-31-2008 6:30 PM In reply to

I consider this highly doubtfull. The BS9000 was officially stopped. I adore the BS9000, I have one but I wish they let this one rest in peace.

My MK3 is not fragile, survived multiple moves and is still going strong. If it breaks I have it fixed to the day CDs wont be sold and my collection burned or something else happened to it.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-31-2008 8:40 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

wonderfulelectric:

OMG. Imagine a 6 Bluray disk changer well talk about overkill. The most essential updates will be more of the reliability and sound quality areas and not the features I think. I mean it is like one of the most fragile machines ever. 

This is not the first time you've accused the 900 of being 'fragile.'  Since mine dates from January of '97, is still in daily use, has only needed a small 're-alignment' after a move, which I was able to perform myself, I'd really like to know what you're talking about. 

In another thread you asked another member why his reaction to you is always so negative...perhaps it has something to do with your tone?

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 11-01-2008 1:42 AM In reply to

hmmm.....my tone. Should I tame is down a little? Maybe I am too used to that fashionista talk. It's material things anyways... dunno what the fuss is about. 

Anyways the Beosound 9000 seems to be needing a "maintenance" annually, well at least for the 2 that I have. There's the dust issue, the spinning mechanism, and the belt problem. So it is kinda fragile if you compare it with every other cd players out there, even the Besound 3000.  

• 11-01-2008 1:43 AM In reply to

jk1002:

I consider this highly doubtfull. The BS9000 was officially stopped. I adore the BS9000, I have one but I wish they let this one rest in peace.

My MK3 is not fragile, survived multiple moves and is still going strong. If it breaks I have it fixed to the day CDs wont be sold and my collection burned or something else happened to it.

Cheers

JK 

What do you mean by officially stopped JK? Meaning that there's a plan to have it discontinued?  

• 11-01-2008 4:23 AM In reply to

I have my BS9000 MKIII quite a long time, at the beginning of 1 month usealaser deffect happened and the whole laser unit was replaced with new and after that it works perfectly.

For ne it is the best ever designed B&O sound system. If there will be a redesigned version some time on the market I will perhaps sell my and buy a new one if new design would be suitable for me.

• 11-01-2008 4:35 AM In reply to

Sad [:(] Re: BeoSound Design Update

Actually in this case I agree with wonderful electric. The 9000 CD mechanism is not as reliable as most - not surprising really as the poor thing gets shot along a track regularly! Knowing a B&O repairer, I can tell you that the 9000 is a large part of his work! At least the door doesn't fall off any more though!

I caanot really see it being updated - the problem with DVD drives is the noise and the 9000 would not shield the drive well enough to eliminate this. The BC2 manages by having aluminium in the way and that can still be quite noisy.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)