in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-04-2010 4:16 PM by beolion. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2007 8:55 AM

• bengar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 9, Link, HDMI to Link TV's >> PLEASE HELP

I just bought the beovision 9, and my god, it is truly outstanding!! That combined with the new Beolab 9's make it very hard to compete with my Meridian system or any other sound system I would argue. 

BUT I have problems and need the help of the community please:

a) I have an Virgin Media V+ box with an HDMI lead into the Beovision 9.  My Link TV's don't work now.  Someone tells me the feed needs to go via SCART, but if we are going Hidef, and I bought the tv for its hidef, why has B&O not provided for the fact the all will go HDMI and links should work using that connection?  Any ideas on how to make it work please as kids in the link rooms devasted no tv?

b) My new V+ virgin Media Box, made by scietific atlanta, cannot be controlled via my beo remote.  And ideas on how to please?

Truly appeciate the communities help.

• 05-16-2007 9:37 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 9, Link, HDMI to Link TV's >> PLEASE HELP

I wonder if connecting a SCART as well will allow the link sets to work. I am sure the BV9 will utilise the HDMI connection but the link sets, which will by the nature of the RF connection of Masterlink not be getting HD, will work via Scart due to the communication issue. Might be worth a shot!

On the video box, I imagine that the Virgin box codes are not yet included in the STB-C codes.  I would ask your dealer to request that they are and Sruer have promised to be quicker about updating the software. In the meantime, have you considered the Lintronic route? This would allow you to control the STB via an intermediary box but could also allow control of any other device you may have than uses remote. All using your Beo4 - or consider a Beo5 when it is released which is apparently able to accept codes from other makes via your dealer.

Best wishes, 

• 05-16-2007 9:38 AM In reply to

PS - very jealous!Laughing The BV9 is truly stunning!
  • 05-16-2007 9:49 AM In reply to

• bengar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

The Virgin+ Cable box has a scart and HDMI, which are both connected to the Beovision9.  But the HDMI takes preference and no signal is sent via Scart.  Only reason for both connected in case HDMI fails SCART will kick in.  I still cannot believe that B&O promoting Hidef have not thought about link tv's, which I believe they claim is one of their selling points.  Thanks for your suggestion.  I am still stuck ..

I will check the remote you mentioned, never had heard of it.

• 05-16-2007 10:33 AM In reply to

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

Regarding HD tv in a link room, this cant be done at the moment, it is a constraint of hdmi as this signal can only go over an hdmi cable, additionally there are copy protection and cable distance constraints, I dont see what B&O can do about any of those things.
    My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
  • 05-16-2007 10:48 AM In reply to

• bengar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

thanks for the reponse.  how would you suggest I get my link tv's working?  Main TV is Beovision 9 with Hidef box.  run another HDMI Cable?  Or other solution?

thanks in advance.

• 05-16-2007 11:01 AM In reply to

You must remember that I am thinking on my feet here, but what about trying to connect the Set Top Box to another input on the Beosystem 3? I know this seems a bit odd, but you could then select that input (name it something else) when in another link room and it should come though in SD and hence you bypass the HDCP protocol via the HDMI lead. You would still get HD on the BV9 via the HDMI lead. Possibly one advantage of the plethora of connections on the BV9/BS3.

I would also suggest highlighting this problem with your dealer - he has just sold you a £16000 TV and you deserve a bit of post sales service!  I imagine that he is already on the job though! 

• 05-17-2007 4:52 AM In reply to

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

Peter:

You must remember that I am thinking on my feet here, but what about trying to connect the Set Top Box to another input on the Beosystem 3? I know this seems a bit odd, but you could then select that input (name it something else) when in another link room and it should come though in SD and hence you bypass the HDCP protocol via the HDMI lead. You would still get HD on the BV9 via the HDMI lead. Possibly one advantage of the plethora of connections on the BV9/BS3.

I would also suggest highlighting this problem with your dealer - he has just sold you a £16000 TV and you deserve a bit of post sales service!  I imagine that he is already on the job though! 

I hope this helps, although this is a different stb, I just tried out Peter's suggestion, I have a sky hd box, I moved its scart output to another AV on my BS3 so my hdmi was on one connection and the scart was on another connection. I can now see SD pictures on one source and hd picture on the original source. I dont have any linked TVs but the reference guide clearly states that link tvs are supported but not digital signals so I believe that Peter's suggestion would enable the distribution of SD signals on another connection. The stb controller did not work, which I guess is because I didnt have a second IR ctrl connected on the other AV port.

I also notice in the manual that the RF system modulator needs to be turned on, as the default is off on the BS3.

Finally, having seen that Peter's sugestion wosks for Sky HD stb , it could be that its just the way the virgin stb works or dosnt work as the case may be.

Cheers

Peter

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
  • 10-04-2010 4:58 AM In reply to

I am faced with a similar problem. I am on the verge of buying a BeoVision 9 for the benefit of HD picture. However I understand the virgin media HD boxes do not allow the SD picture to be distributed to the link rooms as the HDMI protocol takes preference over an also attached scart.

Has anyone got round this with a virgin box ?

• 10-04-2010 9:12 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Try one of these;

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4316798&id=374880434454&saved

BTW why doesn't your dealer help you out or advise you?

• 10-04-2010 10:06 AM In reply to

I had the same problem with distributing HD signal. I solved it with a HDMI splitter and a HDMI/IR-Ethernet-Tranceiver. So, the HDMI signal is splitted after the setop box. One HDMI cable goes to the BV10 in the main room. The other one goes to the HDMI/IR-Ethernet-Tranceiver. From this tranceiver, two CAT6 cables go to the second room where another tranceiver converts the signal back to the HDMI and then to the BV8.

This transceiver is able to send back the IR commands. So, I`m able to control the settop box from both rooms. There is a distance of about 30m between the TVs, but it is still possible to see HD.

There is only the limit, that I only distribute the signal of the settop box. The bluray is not included in this setup. Another problem is, you have to define, which TV controls ON/OFF of the settop box. If both can control the box and you would switch off one TV, then the box would switch off, even though the other TV is ON. I solved it in that way, that in the second room, you have to swich on/off the box manually with GO 0.

Here the product I`m using: http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20ethernet%20extender%20IR_Digital%20Audio.html

I hope, I could help

Hangglider

• 10-04-2010 1:00 PM In reply to

• cone
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Oviedo/SPAIN
    • Posts 598
    • Bronze Member

I have a BV7 32 MKV HDMI A: PS 3 Slim, HDMI B: Mac mini, I use two downscalers from: http://www.cypeurope.com/Synergy/SY-M388-HDMI-Down-Scaler.html It works perfect, you get in link rooms Audio Stereo and video via RF, Video is not HD, but is same as oem DVD video of the BV7 32.

You have an "extra" in the main room, you can record AV signal from HDMI A or B without problems (In analog SD quality).I mean without copyright protection. In my case in HDR2.

• 10-04-2010 1:56 PM In reply to

cone:

I have a BV7 32 MKV HDMI A: PS 3 Slim, HDMI B: Mac mini, I use two downscalers from: http://www.cypeurope.com/Synergy/SY-M388-HDMI-Down-Scaler.html It works perfect, you get in link rooms Audio Stereo and video via RF, Video is not HD, but is same as oem DVD video of the BV7 32.

You have an "extra" in the main room, you can record AV signal from HDMI A or B without problems (In analog SD quality).I mean without copyright protection. In my case in HDR2.

Hi, this sounds interesting, however, be aware that the downscaler does not support 24fps playback, so forget about 1080p, 24fps on your mainroom tv. As i have ripped all my bluray movies, this is unfortunately not an option for my mac mini. B&O offers a HDMI matrix, but this only works with B&O linkroom tv´s with Beo5..:-( The downscaler should work for you however as long as you dont need 24 p.

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 10-04-2010 3:18 PM In reply to

• tompa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 94
    • Bronze Member

bengar:

I just bought the beovision 9, and my god, it is truly outstanding!! That combined with the new Beolab 9's make it very hard to compete with my Meridian system or any other sound system I would argue. 

BUT I have problems and need the help of the community please:

a) I have an Virgin Media V+ box with an HDMI lead into the Beovision 9.  My Link TV's don't work now.  Someone tells me the feed needs to go via SCART, but if we are going Hidef, and I bought the tv for its hidef, why has B&O not provided for the fact the all will go HDMI and links should work using that connection?  Any ideas on how to make it work please as kids in the link rooms devasted no tv?

b) My new V+ virgin Media Box, made by scietific atlanta, cannot be controlled via my beo remote.  And ideas on how to please?

Truly appeciate the communities help.

The problem it's not bv9 it's the virgin box you have bought, get another box that leave HD on hdmi and SD on scart at the same time!

or a HDMI downscaler

• 10-04-2010 4:16 PM In reply to

I do also think it is a shame that it is not possible to distribute in at least digital SD (or HD) quality. I also had a HDMI splitter for my DVB-C box, but in the end I bought an extra box. The additional price for the box was not that much again compared to a quality HDMI splitter.

But I still watch content from my BM5, Tvix and Blueray via the RF cable on my link tv's though. But I can live with it, in the main room it is still FULL HD quality.

There is something about B&O.....

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)