in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2008 6:59 AM by gilbera. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2008 7:13 PM

Beovision 9 SKY HD Lip Sync

Hi

i have just had intalled a beovision 9 and a new Sky HD box and they are connected by HDMI and then Coax for the audio as HDMI does not give 5.1

I am having major issues with lip sync and its differant depending on the channel. i have played with the sky delay setting and it sort of works but its random..

Any ideas? Does anyone else have this issue?

Andy 

Filed under: ,
  • 10-25-2008 3:52 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 9 SKY HD Lip Sync

Hi 

Do you mean component? What gives you the impression that HDMI cannot handle 5.1? Have you tried taking the component leads out of the equation?  

Llewelyn 

• 10-25-2008 4:05 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

gilbera:

Hi

i have just had intalled a beovision 9 and a new Sky HD box and they are connected by HDMI and then Coax for the audio as HDMI does not give 5.1

I'm no HDMI expert, but I thought HDMI supports every 'modern' audio format. Certainly 5.1! If you decide to send your audio via an alternative output, you may find you have lip sync issues as one maybe processed slightly faster than the other - assuming everyone will simply use HDMI for both video/audio.

• 10-25-2008 4:19 AM In reply to

It can carry 8 channels of uncompressed digital audio!

• 10-25-2008 5:21 AM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Yes HDMI can do 5.1, uncompressed audio etc, but as far as I am aware there is a limitation of the Sky+HD box, as it can't do 5.1 over the HDMI.

As for the lip sync problems alot of people seem to be having them, the peps on the Digital Spy SkyHD forums have numerous discussions about it.

• 10-25-2008 6:59 AM In reply to

No its purely that sky box does not send the 5.1 signal in HDMI they only send stereo so its not that HDMI does not do i know it does its just the cleaver people at sky dont use it for some reason..

I assume other people with vision 9 must have this issue, its fine with other things like my mac mini and DVB-t etc its just sky hd....

Its driving me mad and i have played with the delay setting on the sky box but i just cannot get it right.

Andy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)