in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2007 3:03 PM by Beo. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2007 3:30 AM

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Serene

A few days ago I received my own Serene (loving it already). After taking a good look at it I was wondering how robust or fragile the little motor is inside. Can it last for several years? And what about dropping it on the floor? Is it build very robust? When I hold it in my hands and squeeze it a bit I get the impression that I can crush it like a fly.

Please let me know all your positive and negative experiences.

Greetz Marc

• 05-16-2007 4:50 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

Re: Serene

Meng:

A few days ago I received my own Serene (loving it already). After taking a good look at it I was wondering how robust or fragile the little motor is inside. Can it last for several years? And what about dropping it on the floor? Is it build very robust? When I hold it in my hands and squeeze it a bit I get the impression that I can crush it like a fly.

Please let me know all your positive and negative experiences.

Greetz Marc

I shared your concerns, but in fact it's more robust than you'd think. I've had mine about a year now and I carry it in my pocket every day, without a case - and it's completely unmarked. (Obviously you'd need to be careful not to put your keys in the same pocket).

I actually dropped mine from about waist height onto a stone floor and despite fearing the worst, it remains unmarked and fully functional!

G.
  • 05-16-2007 4:57 AM In reply to

I agree. I've had mine for about 6 months now with no problems. Unfortunately I did have keys in pocket one day and managed to mark the chrome close to the Samsung/B&O logos, which has really annoyed me. Otherwise, not a mark anywhere. I'm very impressed with the screen which cleans well and is completely scratch free.

I have a rolex watch which has a quartz face. Had it for 10 years and not a single scratch on the face. I daresay the Serene has a similar quality screen.

Brian

• 05-16-2007 5:18 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Brian, I was just about to tell Marc to keep the protective cellophane on the screen as mine, which I got in September, has marks on the glass which correspond to the wheel. I tried to clean them offf with a spectacle cloth but to no avail. The Serene lives in my pocket and is totally unmarked on the body, and yes, I love it!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-16-2007 5:44 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

And what about the motor inside............how robust or fragile is that? Will it last for a few years?
  • 05-16-2007 5:58 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

It's B&O, mate!.That speaks for itself.
    I have occasionally interupted it's action by mistake and it hasn't caused a problem. So far nobody has posted that they have had a problem and the B&O guarrentee is for three years I think.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-17-2007 4:46 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I have some questions for all you Serene owners.

1. How long operation time does it have on a full battery??

2. Can the contacts and calender entries be updated over BlueTooth with Outlook??

3. How much information can be stored under one profile??
    e.g. is it possible to store multiple telephone numbers, address, e-mail, birthday and other stuff under one profile.

I probably have more questions but this is all I can remember now.

• 05-17-2007 9:03 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

Toubro:

I have some questions for all you Serene owners.

1. How long operation time does it have on a full battery??

2. Can the contacts and calender entries be updated over BlueTooth with Outlook??

3. How much information can be stored under one profile??
    e.g. is it possible to store multiple telephone numbers, address, e-mail, birthday and other stuff under one profile.

I probably have more questions but this is all I can remember now.

1. Not sure of the quoted times; my experience is that battery life is much better than a RAZR but nowhere near as good as a Nokia 6310, if that helps ;-)
    2. I use a Mac, and was able to copy my contacts from address book using bluetooth. I believe there is Outlook-syncing software available from Samsung but it only works with calendars, not contacts - perhaps one of our PC-using friends could confirm??
    3. Yes, you can store multiple items of info under one profile. I don't, however, because it gets synced with our Beocom 6000s so has a separate entry for each number.

G. 
  • 05-18-2007 12:59 AM In reply to

How did you get your contacts from Mac Addressbook through Bluetooth to your Serene?

Patrick

• 05-18-2007 4:56 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

paddy2042:
    How did you get your contacts from Mac Addressbook through Bluetooth to your Serene?

Well, because I only had a few contacts that weren't already on the Beocom system, I copied them individually via Bluetooth directly from the Address Book application. (select the contact and choose 'send card' once you've paired your phone to your address book). If you have a lot of contacts, that could get pretty tedious. 

My good friend and colleague Nick posted a better method, using Bluetooth File Transfer:

Nicholas:
    The best bet to get contacts from your address book in OSX to the Serene is to copy them into a folder on your desktop and send them over by Bluetooth. If you do not copy them in to the folder as individual files (this is done by holding down the option key when you drag them from addres book to the folder) all the contacts will go into one vCard and not display on the phone. As for your calanders in iCal, there is no work around that I am aware of.

Nicholas

• 07-12-2007 5:27 AM In reply to

In a further query to using Mac's with the Serene.  Does anybody have any knowledge of syncing iCal (I think this is right, the mac calender basically) with the Serene, is it possible, if so how do we go about it?

Cheers

• 07-12-2007 6:19 AM In reply to

• Ericvr6
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 205
    • Bronze Member

Brian Waddell:

I agree. I've had mine for about 6 months now with no problems. Unfortunately I did have keys in pocket one day and managed to mark the chrome close to the Samsung/B&O logos, which has really annoyed me. Otherwise, not a mark anywhere. I'm very impressed with the screen which cleans well and is completely scratch free.

I have a rolex watch which has a quartz face. Had it for 10 years and not a single scratch on the face. I daresay the Serene has a similar quality screen.

Brian

I have now my second serene  but the Quality of the plasik screen is not so good so I put a screen saver from I pod  on it this is now a year ago and my screen is still scrats free.

have fun with it ..girl like it works beter than a dog

greetings Eric

• 07-12-2007 3:03 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

well, i wanna know more about serene also.

if its monitor has high quality? also, if it is better to type SMS in that way?
    also... some people insist that serene is easier to drop line, more difficult to hold the signal comparing with other samsung.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)