in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-23-2008 12:00 PM by PhilLondon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2008 7:50 AM

BC 2300 and BeoPort

Hi,

I finally can admit that CD's are dead and I want to start to use digital music with my stereo, but I want to use my BEO4 to change tracks etc...

I have an idea of installing a small TFT screen connected to a small computer that I will hide. When I change track with BEO4, does the current track playing change on the TFT screen the same time?

Can I use BeoPort with BC2300 if I have the Beolink converter as BC2300 doesn't have the Beolink master....

Thanks in advance,

Henrik

• 10-23-2008 8:21 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

Re: BC 2300 and BeoPort

Hi Henrik!

The BC2300 is not N.MUSIC capable and won't give you control of  Beoport. AFAIK only the BS3000 & BS3200 are fully compatible with Beoport.

As for your question concerning Beoport and the track on the screen I cannot help you as I don't have Beoport (and also I still refuse to change to digital/computer supported music Wink).

Cheers!

Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 10-23-2008 9:55 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

You can buy an ML/adapter that connects to the AUX port.  This allows you to use Beoport I believe, I don't think you 'll get display on the BC2300 but I do think it would work?

Anyone else?

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 10-23-2008 10:26 AM In reply to

mjmedlo:

You can buy an ML/adapter that connects to the AUX port.  This allows you to use Beoport I believe, I don't think you 'll get display on the BC2300 but I do think it would work?

The adapter is called a Beolink converter, but BC2300 does not support N'MUSIC. 

• 10-23-2008 10:47 AM In reply to

Hi there,

You can use BeoPort with your BC2300, but with limitations, that is why B&O always said it was impossible.

1- you will need a BeoLink  converter type 1611 indeed, same will be connected via datalink to your BC2300 , and via Masterlink to your BeoPort box.

2- to make it work, you'll need to setup your audio system in option 0 (with your BC2300 in std-by, on Beo4, press "std.by + list" until you get "option", then choose "audio option", then press 0.), and your BeoPort in option 2 (it will then become your audio master).

3- it is the only way to make it work with non-Masterlink audio masters, and it won't work if you have a video master integrated to your system

4- as beoPort will be your audio master, you'll have to buy a link-eye to connect it to your BeoPort box & be able to use your Beo4, and connect your BeoLabs to it as well.

5- a PC screen , if you wish to add one, has to be connected to your existing PC, as BeoPort  has no video outputs.Eventually I used a dedicated PC for BeoPort, with the info always on, it is indeed very nice to have all the info displayed.

6- BeoPort now makes it possible to rip CDs in WMA lossless format (no compression at all), so if CD quality is your concern, you needn't worry anymore..Beware though, that instead of taking about 100 Mo for a 192 kbps compression, it will take about 500 Mo for a single album.

Hope this gives  you a clearer idea of what you can - & can't - do!

Christophe

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-23-2008 12:00 PM In reply to

One limitation is that the speaker must be connected to the Beoport, so you cannot start the BS2300 with its local controls, but you have to use the remote.

I was able to use a Beovision in this setup, with no IR receiver on the Beoport.

I have only tested this setup for a short while, so I do not know how stable it is and what are the other limitations.

p.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)