in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-24-2008 5:55 AM by sverreh. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2008 5:30 AM

Verdi på BeoMaster 1600 / Value on BeoMaster 1600

Noen her inne som kan fortelle meg noe om hvor mye en BeoMaster 1600 i bra stand kan være verdt
    ?

Is there anybody in here that can tell me something about the potential value of a BeoMaster 1600?

• 10-23-2008 8:11 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Verdi på BeoMaster 1600 / Value on BeoMaster 1600

Hi and welcome to Beoworld !  Yes -  thumbs up

There are two types of Beomaster 1600.

The value of your Beomaster depends greatly on which type you have and even more on the condition.
    - Is it working ?
    - Was it recently serviced ?
    - Optical flaws, scratches, dents, parts missing ?
    - Is the original box and/or manuals included ?

And still with all these questions answered it's very difficult to tell you the value.
    Generally, things are worth what people are ready to pay.

Keeping an eye on f.e. Ebay listings could give a hint but even here there are good and bad days for buyers and sellers.

Martin

• 10-23-2008 9:19 AM In reply to

Martin,

Thanks for your input and fast response. I have checked a little around ebay etc. but have not found any auction on the exact unit I have. It's this one :

http://beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=327

BeoMaster 1600, type 170x, and it's in great physical and cosmetic condition, and in good working order.

It must be worth atleast something to collectors for instance, although I don't know if there are a lot of these still around.

Rgds,

Scimitar

• 10-23-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

It's definitely worth something.
    Its rarity can be discussed but it's fair to say that not many are still around
    in superb working condition. Most will need servicing in some form.
    It's very hard to guess on a selling price, somewhere between 20 euros and 200 euros.

If you are planning to sell it on f.e. Ebay, make a good description of its
    good and bad sides and some good photos. 

Martin

• 10-24-2008 5:55 AM In reply to

• sverreh
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 88
    • Founder

I did actually buy one, in mint cosmetc condition, yesterday.  It was announced at the major internet marked i Norway (www.finn.no) for a fixed price of 200 NOK (~25 EUR).  It worked when I connected it to the mains, but after I engaged the off switch I have not been able to turn it on again.  Probably not a big issue to mend when I get around to do something about it.

The seller told me that he had had a large number of enquieries, which could indicate that the market value is slightly higher than what I paid. I would assume that the value is within the area indicated by Martin, although my interest for the set would have faded at around 50-60 EUR.

Sverre 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)