in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-23-2008 3:41 PM by gorissek. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2008 3:16 PM

an unknown chair in the Danish pavilion

I saw this chair at the Danish pavilion at the Venice Biennale of Architecture and I really liked it. The black part is made of rubber and the stripes are rubber as well. I've looked at the webpages of all the furniture companies I could think of, but I have clearly forgotten one. I'm thinking it must be danish, because everything else there was danish ( including the Mermaid Ventura LCDs ), but as always, I could be wrong.

And even if you don't know who makes this or what's it called, it would also be helpful if you could direct me to a "beoworld" for designers/furniture or something like that.

the mystery chair 

• 10-22-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

Re: an unknown chair in the Danish pavilion

This is the first chair designed by Verner Panton. It's called the Tivoli chair as it was designed for a restaurant in Tivoli, Copenhagen in 1955. Verner Panton also designed the world famous S-chair.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-23-2008 3:41 PM In reply to

Re: an unknown chair in the Danish pavilion

Thanks beocool. I know Panton quite well ( although it seems not as much as I've thought in the first place : ) as his S-chair is my absolute favourite chair and I've also done some projects about his work at school, but I didn't know this one. It looks quite different from his later work, which to me seems much more flashy. I'm very pleasantly surprised, though : )
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)