in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-16-2007 2:23 PM by kuliand. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2007 4:35 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

BeoWorld is BIG !!!

I have just been given the passwords from Firebrand for the WebStats program, which is an intricate analytical tool used to count page hits, location, duration etc etc.

This is for the Main Site only, and not the forum! Here are a couple of stats..

Average page hits per Week - around 1.2 MILLION (growing at around 15% per week as we climb the Google rankings after the previous shambles with the old server crashing which affected which page we show on)

Highest amount of hits in one day - 589,000 - March 17th 2007

This isn't even counting the hits on the forum remember, so heaven knows what the true figure must be for the site as a whole! Indifferent

I must admit i am delighted, as the figures are even better than expected. It just goes to show how popular BeoWorld is, and what a huge site we are all part of! Well done to everyone.

Lee

Big Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-15-2007 4:38 PM In reply to

Re: BeoWorld is BIG !!!

Fantastic news!

Just makes you wonder who is looking at Beoworld aswell as demonstrating how important the site/community is for the brand.

Best thing is, BW can only get better!

• 05-15-2007 4:42 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

That is really good news Lee.Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

CraigBig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-15-2007 4:43 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Wow! 1.2 million in a week. You must be grinning like a Cheshire cat.
    Well done Lee.
    BTW my desk set and mug haven't arrived yet, think I ordered on Friday. Can you check up for me please.
    Keep up the good work!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-15-2007 5:01 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

And, for the Windows users to get their own back..

No more than 4.5% of our visitors are using Macs or Mac Browsers!!  Windows claims a landslide victory on numbers!

LaughingLaughingLaughing 

• 05-15-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

No more than 4.5% of our visitors are using Macs or Mac Browsers!!  Windows claims a landslide victory on numbers!

LaughingLaughingLaughing 

What a surprise!! Now you know why nobody tests their software on Macs. Just not worth the effort.Stick out tongue

Regards Graham

• 05-15-2007 5:44 PM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:
    9 LEE:

LaughingLaughingLaughing 

What a surprise!! Now you know why nobody tests their software on Macs. Just not worth the effort.Stick out tongue

Yep. And at one point, 96% of street lighting was gaslamps  ;-)
  • 05-15-2007 5:48 PM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

I'm sure someone else will pitch in with this, but bear in mind 'hits' are fairly meaningless - of more interest is page views or better yet unique sessions - which would give an idea of the actual number of site visitors. 

None of that is meant to detract from the excellent job done by Lee et al on making BeoWorld such a fantastic success!  Great job!
  • 05-15-2007 6:01 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Just looked....  650,000+ page views a week, growing steadily.  Not sure how to find unique sessions though as i'm still finding my way round!

Hope this provides the correct info, and i fully understand you were not trying to detract. Thank you for your kind compliments, and once again thank you to everyone who has, and is, helping to keep adding to the site. I'm just the mad fool who borrowed the money to pay for it! LOL 

I'd especially like to thank Peter yet again for the work he is doing on the manuals section. I must get about 10-15 requests for rare/odd manuals we don't have in our archive every week, and i simply forward them on to Peter. Without fail, he finds them like a dimented sniffer dog and uploads them faster than you can blink! Amazing... 

Once i can get Forum stats, i'll let us all know.  I'm sure the forum will be about twice as busy as the main site?  Either way, phoenominal ! (if that's how you spell it...)

I was particularly proud today when the chap commented how surprised he was when he had an almost instant answer to his enquiry about the broken BeoCenter he had 'inherited'.  I trawl literally hundreds of forums looking for ideas and ways to improve constantly, and it's always like 'coming home' when i return to BeoWorld. Such lovely people on here.

Lee
    Big Smile

• 05-15-2007 6:09 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Great news !

I'm happy to hear that indexing at Google is progressing nicely Smile 

• 05-15-2007 6:25 PM In reply to

The individual visits are going up daily so it is difficult to quantify and as Lee says, we don't have statistics for the forum but there are over 120,000 individual sessions in a week just on the reference site.

The amount of work Lee has put into this project is phenomenal and the help we have had from Firebrand and Van in particular has made all the difference. But at the end of the day, it is the members who are supporting the site and driving up the figures. It would be nice to have a full complement of Founder members for the first draw - so remember - Why not Gold?!! 

• 05-15-2007 6:35 PM In reply to

And of course, we must encourage as many people as poss to upgrade to gold. I'm an ordinary member (gold of course) and this thread so far from our founding fathers has omitted the need for this membership upgrade. I know it is mentioned liberally elsewhere, but, apart from beneavolent advertisers, the web site needs finance. Sorry if this spoils the mood of the thread, but Lee needs this input.

Brian

• 05-15-2007 6:59 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I always feel a little embarassed urging people to join as Gold members, but you are of course correct.

I went for the best of everything when revamping the site, with no exceptions and not enough regard to cost. I just felt the BeoWorld members would appreciate high quality as they do their AV, and perhaps relied a little too heavily on Gold Memberships!

As i said before, has anyone counted how many times BeoWorld has crashed?  Yes, none!  Everything always works, and is always there, all the time.

That's because we are on the best server, with the best support, and the website was designed by the best. We also have the best reference material, and the best members.  We also have the best Prize Draw of any enthusiasts site i could find on the internet..

We do need more people to join as Gold or at least Silver members though, and i thank the people who have already joined. There are people with only a handful of posts and a Gold Membership, and these are the people that i feel appreciate the site as much as the regular users. Sometimes people feel a little shy coming forward with posts, but still want to support the site, and i'd like to personally thank these people.

However, we do have some prominent posters who are Bronze members, and i find this a little confusing to say the least. However, not everyone is in a financial position to be able to pay the membership and i do appreciate that too.

So, my motto is "If you feel we have helped - join as a Gold Member!"  I purposefully made the Gold Membership attractive with the Prize Draw, manuals and Sales/Wanted Forums as opposed to just going "cap in hand" and offering nothing in return. 

Even if i wasn't too bothered about using BeoWorld, £30 a year to be entered in 12 Prize Draws for what is on offer is a bargain!  £2.50 a month is absolutely nothing in the grand scale of our outgoings. We often spend more than that on one pint of beer!

Food for thought.

Lee
    Smile

• 05-16-2007 3:09 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I spent all day Saturday in York with "the lads" on an end-of-season Jolly and I could have easily paid for three years membership instead.Confused

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-16-2007 7:59 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

at least the hangover is free...

Ick!

• 05-16-2007 8:50 AM In reply to

don't confuse market share with quality

look at bno , less than 0.1% of the market fer example and we all love them

while microsuck have 90+% of the os market and still can't produce anything remotely approaching os-x

even with their carbon copiers on full speed ahead

apple = bno

microsuck = amstrad

popgear is grate™

• 05-16-2007 9:25 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Flappo The Grate:

look at bno , less than 0.1% of the market fer example and we all love them

while microsuck have 90+% of the os market and still can't produce anything remotely approaching os-x

even with their carbon copiers on full speed ahead

apple = bno

microsuck = amstrad

Here we go...........Sleep

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-16-2007 9:36 AM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Flappo The Grate:

apple = bang & olufsen
    microsoft = amstrad

I agree there are a lot of similarities between Apple and Bang & Olufsen...

• 05-16-2007 9:39 AM In reply to

van:

Flappo The Grate:

apple = bang & olufsen
    microsoft = amstrad

Don't encourage him! Laughing 

• 05-16-2007 9:49 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Lee, are the hit- and view-numbers similar to the old site? Do you have any data to compare with? Would be interesting...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-16-2007 10:16 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Not entirely sure to be honest. These figures were never given to me, although i did ask a few times!

There is a reference to 24,000 hits a day on the old site somewhere, making 168,000 a week - but our webbies seem to think that was also counting the forums.

Lee

• 05-16-2007 10:45 AM In reply to

Peter:
    van:

Flappo The Grate:

apple = bang & olufsen
    microsoft = amstrad

Don't encourage him! Laughing 

http://www.carryonline.com/carryonline/Downloads/audio/raving2.wav

popgear is grate™

• 05-16-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

Can we please save the Apple = B&O comments for another thread.

Nicholas
  • 05-16-2007 11:09 AM In reply to

Can't make his eyes blue! Or One could make a picture of oneself! Laughing
  • 05-16-2007 12:06 PM In reply to

Nicholas:
    Can we please save the Apple = B&O comments for another thread.

Nicholas

why ?

would you rather we compared bno to viglen or dell ?

popgear is grate™

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >