in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2008 7:54 AM by Stars. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2008 11:14 AM

• Ericvr6
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 205
    • Bronze Member

how is your serene holding?

My serene is still working well, only a bit scrated at the dials

how is yours? .... Yes I now there is I-phone ect. but I just call with my phone.

suc 6

• 10-19-2008 11:48 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Re: how is your serene holding?

Mine now seems to always open the phone book when I open it?  It also likes to move the cursor when I am dialing the number so the number is wrong.  If I shake it in my hand just a little I can get it to scroll through the phonebook.  This is all after about one year use.
  • 10-19-2008 12:11 PM In reply to

Mine is about a year old. It is as good as new except for a couple of scratches on the hinge.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-19-2008 1:55 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Mine is about 2 and a half years old and externally mint!
    The glass has sadly got the marks from the dial on it and this happened within the first few months. Why, oh why they didn't make bigger or firmer rubber stops?
    I still love it and the WOW! has never worn off.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-21-2008 4:08 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Mine has been through hell, had t for a year now - and it still has not faltered!!! I've dropped it quite a few times when drunk (really HARD drops too) and even though there is damage to the hinge and the corners, it still looks fabulous - it's a really great phone.

Great product in general! In my opinion the only decent Samsung collaboration. 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-21-2008 9:17 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

Would echo these comments. Had this one about 2 years (original was replaced under warranty) and is in great shape, despite being in daily use. Although I was given an iPhone by my former employers ;-) , I prefer to use the Serene as my phone because a) I really only want to make calls with a phone and b) it's a little more interesting than the iPhone that everyone in the world now seems to have! 

Actually, there is one irritation - I just said I only want to make calls, but given that it can do MMS and WAP, I sometimes like to give that a try - but (must have been since it was replaced 2 yrs ago LOL!) these functions no longer work. The settings are all present and (seemingly) correct but attempts to send a picture message just says 'not available' and if I open the WAP browser it locks the phone and I have to take the battery out before it will respond again... I have a SIM-only contract with T-Mobile in the UK and as I say I'm pretty sure both features worked initially.

No big deal, still loving Serene.

G. 

• 10-21-2008 11:57 AM In reply to

• BeoSoto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-31-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

I have had mine for just over 2 years, still works well except for 2 problems:

1. The motor no longer works

2. When you put a new number into the agenda, it records another number which already exists!! I have to be very careful, and go to the number saved, and change it to the correct number... crazy!

But overall, great phone!

Relax, it's a jungle out there!
  • 10-21-2008 12:48 PM In reply to

mine is 2 years old and holding on great except for a few scratches on the wheel and screen/display because of some sand residue when closing on the beach.

my wife's phone is 1 year old and still in mint condition ; she takes real good care of the things she loves (lucky me....:-)

both are still going strong without any complaints, who needs an I-phone ? except for calling those things with our serene...;-)

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 10-21-2008 4:10 PM In reply to

My Serene is working well at 12 months old. (I bought second hand). B&O did a repair (overheating and fast battery discharge) ...... the fault was corrected but they badly marked the hinge and USB socket. I still have the option to return it again (and be without it for another coupe of months) but, rightly or wrongly, I have a suspicion that the phone was not sent back to Denmark for the original repair but was handed to a local repair shop: hence the damage.

Sometimes when texting wrong letters appear, and also the W key has a tendency to not register anything unless very firmy pressed.

Overall a very impressive phone that still gets admiring glances. If only it had a speaker for on-docking station use! (And the docking station really does keep a copy of your phone content!)

(I see from today that B&O are dropping all further mobile phone deveopment).

Vikinguk

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 10-21-2008 4:16 PM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Love it! For its qualities as a phone it cannot be beaten.

Also when I use it in public good looking ladies always come and ask me about it, priceless! If only I was as interesting and as good looking as a Serene.

• 10-21-2008 4:32 PM In reply to

• Ericvr6
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 205
    • Bronze Member

Jandyt:

Mine is about 2 and a half years old and externally mint!
    The glass has sadly got the marks from the dial on it and this happened within the first few months. Why, oh why they didn't make bigger or firmer rubber stops?
    I still love it and the WOW! has never worn off.

Andy T.

i put a screensaver from I-pod on my glass But now some dials are a bit scrated

my motor did it for a week not any more but now works again

• 10-26-2008 7:54 AM In reply to

My Serene is 2 years old now and I haven't had any problems with it. No scratches on the inside, but a mark on one of the outside edges after it being dropped a couple of times. I would like an iPhone for all its functions, but the design is utterly boring. I'm still likely to get an iPhone however and sure I will miss my Serene.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)