in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-19-2008 5:29 AM by soundproof. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-18-2008 7:49 PM

Serene/iPhone

Hi, I was pleased to be given an iPhone as a gift, I already have a Serene. Given the much advertised and lofty position of the iPhone, and the occasional critisicm of the Serene, let me make a few judgments.

Iphone: cannot forward texts, cannot make or receive MMS. No read receipts for texts/emails.

Iphone maybe advanced in its interface, but I have now discovered some basic features absent in the iPhone are happily present in the Serene.

I have now joined  the club of having two concurrent mobiles. A bit like having two watches, one for day use and another for special occasions. But, fellow beofanatics, which phone is for daily use, and which is for special occasions?

Brian xx

• 10-19-2008 4:06 AM In reply to

Re: Serene/iPhone

I have the iPhone, have had it for over a year, and changed to the 3G version this summer when it came out.

The great thing with the iPhone (besides its user interface) are the constant updates, I'm not sure, but I can imagine that everything is there hardware wise to send for example MMS.

The iPhone has a very good base of hardware that can be built upon, so the current version of the iPhone is not the definitive version, but will be updated along the way.

I don't have the Serene for two reasons. Cost. & Samsung.

If B&O made it then I would probably own one. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-19-2008 5:29 AM In reply to

Re: Serene/iPhone

http://web500.us/how-to-send-receive-multimedia-message-from-iphone-3g/

Actually cheaper if you send/receive when connected to wireless - long list of various carriers at bottom of link.

Most sms-messages and mms show which carrier the person you are communicating with is subscribing to (message details).

One of the major problems with iPhone 3G is the lack of MMS support. But as a 3G phone with fast 3G Internet connectivity. You don’t need MMS. Just use iPhone as a computer and send and receive multimedia messages from your e-mail.
    To receive MMS from other cell phones, just have them to send the mms to your e-mail address so that you can retrieve them on your iPhone.
    To send MMS from iPhone to cell phones, e-mail the mms from iPhone to other cell phones.
    The e-mail address of the cell phones are as follows based on the carriers:
    T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
    Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
    AT&T for SMS phonenumber@txt.att.net, for MMS phonenumber@mms.att.net
    Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Verizon: for SMS: phonenumber@vtext.com for MMS: phonenumber@vzwpix.com
    Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com
    If you don’t know the phone carrier for the cell phone number, you can try teleflip, a free universal service. All you have to do is to enter the phone number in the email address. For example phonenumber@teleflip.com.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)