in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-17-2008 12:56 PM by rmclachlan. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2008 2:27 AM

Bang&Olufsen future price politics

What do you think, will the almighty world recession hit Bang&Olufsen's price politic and lower their very high end prices?
  • 10-17-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Re: Bang&Olufsen future price politics

no
    Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 10-17-2008 3:18 AM In reply to

I do not think prices will be lowered but there should be a few more deals and promotions which means better value for B&O Customers IMHO.
  • 10-17-2008 3:49 AM In reply to

B&O's price policy is becoming so illogical that in Australia, where I am staying at the moment, it is cheaper to buy your A8 earphones at the Apple Store than at the B&O shop...Surprise B&O increased their prices, Apple did not..Guess where I will buy my earphones??

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-17-2008 4:38 AM In reply to

Chrisreunion:
    Guess where I will buy my earphones??

I'm sure they don't care too much as long as you buy them.

Meanwhile, they will probably find new customers at Apple, without giving a sign that the value would be somehow diminishing, which would be inevitable if the prices went down generally. Anything but illogical IMHO.

-mika

• 10-17-2008 6:15 AM In reply to

tournedos:

Chrisreunion:

Meanwhile, they will probably find new customers at Apple, without giving a sign that the value would be somehow diminishing, which would be inevitable if the prices went down generally. Anything but illogical IMHO.

.......and that's not illogical?!?!?

• 10-17-2008 6:53 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

KingOfSnake:
    tournedos:

Chrisreunion:

.......and that's not illogical?!?!?

Not really,

to me this makes perfect sense and a good way of highlighting the B&O brand on a low cost item - a good marketing ploy IMO. They still get their sales, but at Apple you won't get the extended B&O warranty. B&O obviously don't care where these low priced items are purchased, but don't expect to find half price beovisions or beolab speakers next to them on the shelf.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-17-2008 8:11 AM In reply to

It may just be a few weeks until the Apple Store will raise their prices as well, it could be they are selling off existing inventory and with new deliveries they increase price as well.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-17-2008 9:04 AM In reply to

I wonder whether the rising in prices is because maybe B&O wants to sell less of their products at a higher price because labour/manufacturing costs have risen so much that economy of scale won't make as much sense? So like just earn money off the rich cos they are not that much affected? 

Alexander 

• 10-17-2008 10:08 AM In reply to

Could not resist. It says "Everything is on Sale"

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-17-2008 12:56 PM In reply to

I do not think that they will reduce prices in the short term but will try to reduce the entry level price point by either introducing new product lines at lower prices (BV8) or break-up existing product lines where possible e.g. BV7-32 will be available without DVD for £1000 less. Perhaps they will offer other (cheaper) speaker options for the BV7 or reduce the connectivity? They certainly need to address this problem of perceived excessive pricing in light of global recession as it will soon drag the Company and Dealers down.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)