in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-18-2008 1:14 PM by holic. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2008 4:39 PM

How to transport Beolab 5 speakers?

I was wondering if the only proper way to transport Beolab 5 speakers is standing up or if it would be ok to lay them down (obviously on something soft).  Has anybody ever transported them without the original packaging? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

s. 

• 10-15-2008 4:59 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: How to transport Beolab 5 speakers?

You can order the original packaging as a spare part from your dealer. Did this myself a couple of years ago for my BV3-32. Cost was about £35 for mine. Well worth it IMO.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-15-2008 5:00 PM In reply to

Your best bet is to buy the original packaging.  You can get that from any B & O dealer.
  • 10-15-2008 5:04 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

jjihonor:
    Your best bet is to buy the original packaging.  You can get that from any B & O dealer.

Great minds think alike I see.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-15-2008 5:04 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

THIS works for 9s, don't know if it would work for 5s.Wink

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-15-2008 5:55 PM In reply to

Does anybody know the size of the original boxes?  Thank you.

• 10-15-2008 8:54 PM In reply to

I travel extensively for long-term assignments for work. Where there is 220v, my B&O gear goes along with me. (BL5's, 3's, BV7-40 and BC2). I found that the boxes dont last too long if used more than a couple of times so I had flight cases made for all my gear:-

The BL5 cases (shown), is a 4-sided box with a snap-on and lock 2-sided lid. This enables me to lift the BL5 into the box. I have found that the polystryene inserts that come with the manufactures packaging is the best. It locks everything down tight and can be locked for security purposes.

The cost of that box was approx GBP200 but considering what they are carrying and how often, it's well worth it for me.

The internal dimensions of the box are 745mm x 540mm x 1045mm.

10%

• 10-16-2008 11:57 AM In reply to

Mr10Percent:

I travel extensively for long-term assignments for work. Where there is 220v, my B&O gear goes along with me. (BL5's, 3's, BV7-40 and BC2). I found that the boxes dont last too long if used more than a couple of times so I had flight cases made for all my gear:-

The BL5 cases (shown), is a 4-sided box with a snap-on and lock 2-sided lid. This enables me to lift the BL5 into the box. I have found that the polystryene inserts that come with the manufactures packaging is the best. It locks everything down tight and can be locked for security purposes.

The cost of that box was approx GBP200 but considering what they are carrying and how often, it's well worth it for me.

10%

i find this incredibly cool. i think it would make a great story for a future b&o magalog!
    "the fellow who doesn't leave home w/o his b&o gear"

i could see someone packing up their -say bs1 or bs3 for an extended stay -but, wow! -again, very cool!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-17-2008 9:14 PM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

great idea.....had 3 moves in the last 3yrs...so might be worthwile getting the boxes produced now when in china....

Do you mind sharing the technical drawings or some more photos??

Grant me the serenity to accept the B&O I can't afford

• 10-17-2008 9:37 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

burantek:

Mr10Percent:

10%

i find this incredibly cool. i think it would make a great story for a future b&o magalog!
    "the fellow who doesn't leave home w/o his b&o gear"

i could see someone packing up their -say bs1 or bs3 for an extended stay -but, wow! -again, very cool!

HERE HERE, that is such a good idea  - very cool that you pack up your BL5's like that to take them with you everywhere - shows how much B&o can become a part of you...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-18-2008 1:34 AM In reply to

These are the boxes stored in the Box Room:-
    2 big ones are for a BL5 each
    1 on the side fro the BV7-40 monitor
    1 on the lop contains 2xBL3s, BL3 tall stands, BL7.2, BV7-40 stand base, BV7-40 stand upright, PC2, remotes and cables - all compartmentalised in foam.
    They've done UK, Europe, SE Asia and West Africa without a single scratch or dent to the equipment.
    10% 

• 10-18-2008 1:37 AM In reply to

Smile [:)] Re: How to transport Beolab 5 speakers?

My Hanoi home.....

• 10-18-2008 3:06 AM In reply to

So does this now count as a portable music system? Laughing
  • 10-18-2008 3:08 AM In reply to

Actually with Burantek on this one! I expect to see 10% in a B&O magalogue any time soon! Will be the third Beoworld member I think!
  • 10-18-2008 12:54 PM In reply to

• holic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-09-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

That's really cool.  Can you introduce us to the box manufacturer where you got yours made.  

Cheers

• 10-18-2008 1:14 PM In reply to

• holic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-09-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

Mr10Percent:
    These are the boxes stored in the Box Room:-
    2 big ones are for a BL5 each
    1 on the side fro the BV7-40 monitor
    1 on the lop contains 2xBL3s, BL3 tall stands, BL7.2, BV7-40 stand base, BV7-40 stand upright, PC2, remotes and cables - all compartmentalised in foam.
    They've done UK, Europe, SE Asia and West Africa without a single scratch or dent to the equipment.
    10% 

Those are really cool boxes, where did you get it made?  Can you introduce the manufacturer.  

Cheers 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)