in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-17-2008 2:04 PM by Nebelfelsen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2008 11:10 PM

DVD2: cannot switch TV channels by using the arrow up/down keys

Hello,

I have got a problem using the Beo5 for controlling the DVD2 (connected to an Avant). Although it is possible to use the arrow up and arrow down keys to switch between TV channels in the TV mode (the built in tuner of the Avant), I am not able to switch the channels at the DVD2 using the arrow keys.

One of my reasons to purchase the Beo5 was the wish to control the DVD2 in an easier way than with the Beo4. Actually it is easier now to choose a TV channel by the logo (than knowing the number) and to start a recording, but I am unhappy that I cannot use the arrow keys any more.

Using the Beo4, the arrow keys work as they should even with the DVD2.

I wonder why the Beo5 is refusing to send the right IR commands. In the configuration tool I see no option to configure the commands for the arrow keys or for other keys on the wheel. Therefore I suppose that the commands send by these keys are always the same. Or does the Beo5 deactivate/change the IR commans for some of these keys depending on the current mode?

The problem seems to be known by B&O anyway, because the default button page for the DVD2 shows a "channel +" and a "channel -" button. There would be no reason to offer these buttons if the arrow keys are working. But what is the reason to disable a feature that did already work on Beo4? Or did I make a mistake in configuration?

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Now I've heard that the kind of IR signals send out when pressing one of the hardware buttons seems to be controlled by the hardware component choosen via the softbuttons on the touchscreen. As the DVD2 supports Beo5-IR-language other signales are used when pressing the arrow keys for example than in the Avant mode. Is that right?
    If yes: might there be a possibility to configure the DVD2 as an older device (DVD1, VideoRec) and edit the IR codes of the softbuttons manually then?

• 10-13-2008 12:00 PM In reply to

Re: DVD2: cannot switch TV channels by using the arrow up/down keys

I've found out that it is also possible to change the IR codes for the hardware keys. Big Smile

The following commans are currently used for the different devices:

Avant:
    0:000:TV:STEP_UP

Avant built-in-VCR:
    0:000:VTR:STEP_UP

DVD2:
    0:000:TV:BEO4EX_CMD_A

But what should I use as IR command for the DVD2 instead? On the Beo4 I am accessing the DVD2 via the DVD-key (former Beo4-Version: CDV-key). Therefore "0:000:CDV:STEP_UP" should be the right could but there is no way to enter this code because I can only select TV, RADIO, VTR, ALL or LIGHT in the adress selector for the IR-codes.

Confused

I suppose that the IR codes for the soft buttons "channel -" and "channel +" are working correctly (0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB3) but as they are also using "TV" as target device I wonder if "0:000:TV:STEP_UP" will work as well perhaps. Does anybody know where there is the difference?

• 10-17-2008 2:04 PM In reply to

Re: DVD2: cannot switch TV channels by using the arrow up/down keys

Tried it out now: for every submenu there can be set another defination of the ir codes send when pressing the hardware keys.

While the Stepup-Command works to navigate in a DVD menu (but that does the small arrow up icon in the middle, too), to switch channels on DVD2, the following combinations are needed:

Channel +:
    0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_3
    0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB_7

Channel -:
    0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB4
    0:000:TV:BEO4EX_COMB1

The other functions of the DVD2 are also controlled by combinations of a BEO4EX_COMB_3 (or COMB_4) signal following another COMB-signal (e. g. BEO4EX_COMB_7).

Unfortunately I still cannot find out the logic behind these combinations and therefore I can also reproduce functions that are already definded in an existing button template.

I think I will open an new thread listing all combinations I have found out to access the DVD2 and also listing the function for which I am still missing the correct code combination. Perhaps anybody can help then based on the given information.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)