in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-07-2007 5:45 PM by eduard. 147 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (148 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2007 10:02 AM In reply to

Re: New BEO-remote

When I saw the first pictures of Beo5, I was horrified by the design, which I find particularly ugly & non-B&O.

Then I downloaded the user guide here, hoping maybe the remote would be revolutionary enough to make me forget this weird design, but I was even more frustrated by its use as well:

- First of all, this customization made by the dealer for a remote control is far from being ideal: if you live in a place with no dealer, what will you do? Ship the remote by courier whenever you want to change something?

Besides, the problem of tailor-made products is that you can't use them when the measurements change..will you have to take Beo5 to the dealer whenever you decide to swap your setup and put the TV in the bedroom & the audio system in the living room? What if your bedroom becomes a guest room? Will you have to rename everything?

As Keith says, I'm almost certain  B&O dealers will at some stage charge you for reprogramming Beo5, and what I fear is that if your shop is closed or too busy, you'll be stuck with a non-working Beo5 for days, or maybe weeks...not to speak of the dealers who will have less experience than others in programming it.

- second, the absence of numbered keys might be good to keep the design simple, but it reminds me of a Beo1 that was a complete flop, because of that absence..access to numbers is made by an extra pressure on the "+" button (so the painful "list" key on Beo4 now has a twin sister on Beo5Stick out tongue - I know I'm being very negative...).

- the sensi-touch panel is another nice-looking thing , that reminds me of BeoLink 7000; however, most BL7000 users will tell you that sensitive keys meant having your eyes on the remote control's screen all the time, rather than on the TV programme you're watching. I find Beo4 much more intuitive to use, I can use it in complete darkness without any problem, and don't need to look at anything on it while navigating.

- Beo5 has 2 sets of arrows, why? All other BeoLink remotes had only one set, and this might add confusion in the user's mind.

- same for the center button, that was always used to act as "play" and "go", and now only works for "go", while another "play" key has been implemented (is this supposed to make my life easier?).

-  last but not least, I already found the design quite ugly, with this combination of a hand grenade and a black screen (probably the only shape I like on this remote), but now you also have to do with a pyramid! The charger is indeed pyramid-shaped, so you look at a rectangle on top of a bowl, on top of a triangle: is David Lewis once again trying to teach us geometry??

All in all, this thing will cost more than a BeoLink 5000.......without 2-way communication.[:'(] 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-29-2007 10:12 AM In reply to

There is a lot of emphasis on the BEO5, what about the cheaper one? nothing (I think) has been mentioned as yet apart from it being cheaper and having a limited functionality.

Will this remote resemble the Beo1?  in terms of function? and made from cheaper materials?

Could this remote be a "gem" in disguise?

Any sneak shots??? 

• 07-29-2007 10:27 AM In reply to

>>Could this remote be a "gem" in disguise?<<

I posted this question few days back but nobody replied. Since the Beo5 will have limited function to control other devices without the B&O videosystem and PUC (at least this is how I understand the manual) it is not that interesting, Beo4 cinema is more appealing to me. However I am hoping that the "other" remote is something simple, aluminium or that rubber that they have on the bL3, something nice to touch with few backlighted keys

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 07-29-2007 11:23 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

The thought of those hotel versions of Beo4 springs to mind. You know, with most of the buttons blanked off.
    Perhaps a return of Beolink 1000, robust,simple and cheap.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-29-2007 11:25 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice LINK Philippe. Good to see other websites quoting BeoworldYes -  thumbs up

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-29-2007 3:02 PM In reply to

jk1002:
    I am hoping that the "other" remote is something simple, aluminium or that rubber that they have on the bL3, something nice to touch with few backlighted keys

Same here, I would love to see a remote which was "no thrills" but equally as stunning instead of some cheap plastic type affair.

Come on guys, someone must know something about this! even something as simple as the name!! 
  • 07-29-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

It will have a numeric keypad. Further, I think it will come without Screen. Made with rubber like BV8. Production costs 10 Eur.

• 07-29-2007 3:18 PM In reply to

Rubber back with alu front? or rubber all over?

• 07-29-2007 3:26 PM In reply to

I don't think anyone has a clue how it could look. The screen though would not be required. If they have back lighted keys, they could use the light to indicate what "mode" is selected, just use a different color or intensity or something. The Beo 5 has in my opinion to many frills that I wouldn't use. I think selecting the mode for TV,Radio, CD and so on plus navigation cross and volume is probably all one needs. At least that is what I keep using on my Beo 4. Everything else is untouched, and honestly I may not even know what it does.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 07-29-2007 3:31 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

I have seen it.Its nearly unbreakable and all rubber made. Look.

http://i.pricerunner.com/prod/1_4_4_8_i189719831s/product.jpeg

• 07-29-2007 6:15 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Brilliant mate!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-29-2007 6:43 PM In reply to

LOL

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

• 07-30-2007 3:23 AM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-29-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 19
    • Founder

As far as I know none.. but you have more speciale remote.Wink
    Regards Dennis
  • 08-01-2007 4:50 AM In reply to

Was at a dealer yesterday and he was browsing the Beo5 launch package.

I could read that the Beo5 should be the only remote on display in store.

The launch date is... july... so they are a bit late...

In the FAQ it insists on the fact that the user can only hide buttons, but that the configuration MUST be done in store.

I really want this remote, but will only buy it if I can get the config software. I change my config too often.

p.

• 08-01-2007 5:14 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The idea behind letting the dealers control the setup of the Beo5 is perhaps good, but I guess that dealers will be on strike after helping out the 57th Beo5 customer for the 3rd time in one weekParty!!!. They have better things to do, so I would expect the dealers to push for a download from www.bang-olufsen.com after just a month or two. 

Actually, I see no point in a delay of the release of the setup program - and I do hope that Struer will listen to their dealers prior to the launch.

Roger

• 08-01-2007 5:24 AM In reply to

It is easy for me to go to a shop because I am in London, but for my parents... it is 150 km as they are in a remote village in France.

Imagine the dealer forget something and you have to come back to the store... not good.

p.

• 08-03-2007 6:13 AM In reply to

Does it work on Beocenter 9000?

I suppose it but I'm not secure...

ciao ciao

Eugenio Colazzo

• 08-03-2007 6:35 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Yes. Any system that the BeoLink 1000 or Beo4 works with, will also work with the Beo5.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-03-2007 6:38 AM In reply to

When it was presented to the goup in Struer, some tried it on a BC9000 that was in the restaurant and it worked fine.

p.

• 08-03-2007 6:45 AM In reply to

Amazing news...

Me and my son will write to Santa Klaus ... Smile

Eugenio Colazzo

• 08-03-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:

When it was presented to the goup in Struer, some tried it on a BC9000 that was in the restaurant and it worked fine.

p.

Actualy it was a BC8500, and yes it worked without any problems. I was able to rewind a tape, changing source etc. Smile

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 08-07-2007 8:02 AM In reply to

Lots of pix of the Beo5 on the Dutch forum

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/2/37132/ShowThread.aspx#37132

Also looks like someone got hold of it.

p.

Page 6 of 6 (148 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6