in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-19-2008 10:41 AM by Mohawk. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2008 2:40 AM

Beocord HX 8002 Cassette Recorder

Beocord HX 8002

There is a Tech question I have for anyone with knowledge of B&O electronics, The cluster of wires 6 or 7 together as a multi colored harness that carries the sound and the digital VU readout when recording or playback. they came loose from the black plastic connector . So my question is this . How are they attached to that black connector , are they soldered in or locked in some how? I ask, because at first I thought that the black plastic connector plugged into the circuit board until I looked at the bottom and saw it was soldered in. But the wires came out of the connector that houses those wires. How do they attach to the plastic piece ?? any info would be great.

Jayzjayz
    Filed under:
  • 10-10-2008 9:11 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocord HX 8002 Cassette Recorder

Have the pins pullled out of the DIN plug or has the wires just broken off the solder tags ?

Martin

• 10-10-2008 3:48 PM In reply to

Hi Martin,

I made a drawing of what it looks like. Is there any way I can send it to you, it pretty much shows what I have going on in there.

jayz

• 10-10-2008 7:16 PM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

If you are referring to the connectors that are shown in the photo attached, the bare ends of the ribbon cables simply push into the black connector where they seem to be held in place by spring pressure and friction.  Sometimes they do become loose and I have been able to re-establish a good contact by applying some light pressure on the pieces of silver metal that you see on the connector at the bottom of the photo.  This has worked for me and I do remove these cables off fairly regularly.

Hope this helps

Geoff

• 10-11-2008 9:06 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Not very obvious, I'm afraid, but when writing a post, click on the options tab above the post field to attach a photo.

Martin

• 10-12-2008 4:47 AM In reply to

Hi Martin,

I read your email, about how to send photos and did what you described. But a winow popped up saying ( You  don't  have permission to post photos please contact your administrator ) can you explain to me what this means. I am fairly new to this site.

Thanks Martin

jayzjayz aka ( Jay )

• 10-19-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

• Mohawk
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-30-2008
    • Sweden
    • Posts 103
    • Gold Member

Hi

I guess that you mean the plastic cable holders for the ribbon cables inside the recorder not the DIN connectors. You just stick the ribbon cables back gently in the plastic holders on the pcb taking care not to bend any cable ends. The holders have a mark for pin 1 on the PCB. 

/Fredrik 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)