in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-18-2008 4:44 AM by schlegh. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2008 6:56 AM

Crying [:'(] Connectivity problem Beoport - Beosond 3000, Avant 32 VCR and BeoVision 6, can anyone help please?

Hi, i have the above gear all connected on Masterlink cable. I have the 3000 in option 0, Avant in option 2 and Beoport in option 6. Only Avant and 3000 is in the same room, with the Avant driving Beolab 8 and 6000's on powerlink cables. I can turn on N.Radio on the 3000 and N.Radio shows up on the display and on the Avant display as well - but there is absolutly no sound coming through. Not on the BeoVision 6 either in the kitchen. I can listen to N.Radio on the PC speakers - but nothing seems to come through the ML cabling or is my settings wrong? I have used the standard B&O junction box for adding the BeoPort onto the ML cable. I have no problems getting CD and Radio through to the Avant or BeoSystem 6, so somehow the wiring must be OK on the masterlink cable.

Hope you can help...Getting rather sad that i can't get the N.radio out on the ML system and into the rest of my B&O gear.

BR

Henrik - New Forest

Filed under:
  • 10-06-2008 7:10 AM In reply to

Re: Connectivity Beoport - Beosond 2300, avant 32 VCR and BeoVision 6

A very warm welcome to Beoworld and your first post Henrik.

Your problem is caused by the fact that you do not have a "Audio Master" which supports N.Radio and N.Music

If you replaced your Beocentre 2300 with for example a Mark II or III Beosound 9000 then it would work.

Regards Keith....

• 10-06-2008 9:40 AM In reply to

... or a similarly looking Beosound 3200
  • 10-06-2008 12:08 PM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

or a Beosound 3000.... depends on the sw version, check the product pages or use the search function.

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 10-06-2008 2:22 PM In reply to

Have you installed the audio cable between the soundcard and the beoport?
  • 10-07-2008 3:01 AM In reply to

Terribly sorry to send you all down the wrong track here and thanks for quick reply's. I am indeed using a Beosound 3000 in the setup, not a 2300 which was my typo. It's a big clamber version, SW 3.1, here's the back of it:

I did also connect the soundcable from the Laptop Headphone out plug (IBM Thinkpad T42) to the beoport. And it's still not working...Any further advise will be much appreciated. 

Filed under:
  • 10-07-2008 3:24 AM In reply to

Re: Connectivity problem Beoport - Beosond 3000, Avant 32 VCR and BeoVision 6, can anyone help please?

Henrik,

Now we know you have a Beosound 3000 with software version 3.1, I can confirm that it should work subject to the Masterlink being correctly connected.

I suggest as a first test you do the following:-

• With the whole system in standby and the source selected on your virtual Beoremote on your PC set to PC. Using your Beo4 in the Beosound 3000 room switch on N.Music and then check if the PC has selected N.Music. If it does, then the Masterlink control is correctly working.

If the above works correctly, then I suggest you review the Masterlink audio signal connections. How is the Beoport connected to the rest of the Masterlink ? Is it with a homemade connection box or standard plug and sockets ?

Regards Keith....

• 10-07-2008 3:37 AM In reply to

Re: Connectivity problem Beoport - Beosond 3000, Avant 32 VCR and BeoVision 6, can anyone help please?

Thanks Keith, i will try this out ...unfortunatly it won't be before Friday as i am working abroad this week, I will keep you posted on my progress. The Beoport is connected with a "homemade connection"....all be it one of the standard small B&O connection boxes with the little white tool where the wires are pressed down in colourmarked slots. The Masterlink cable was already connected in my PC office through this box so it was the easiest solution.. And i have been over the wiring more than a couple of times to rule that out...but I know they are not the best...I've read somewhere one person advising to use soldering and crimbing instead as much safer... 

BR

Henrik

• 10-07-2008 3:51 AM In reply to

Henrik,

Whenever I do a Masterlink installation I never use these little boxes. I always twist each wire and solder them and then put "heatshrink" over the connection.

Regards Keith....

• 10-07-2008 4:04 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Keith Saunders:

Henrik,

Whenever I do a Masterlink installation I never use these little boxes. I always twist each wire and solder them and then put "heatshrink" over the connection.

I do this like I show in the photo

Quim

• 10-12-2008 10:34 AM In reply to

Hi Keith, so your suspicion was spot on, the ML cables were not properly joined in the little box and following your guidance they are now twisted and soldered together. Best 30 punds for advise i have ever spend as it works!!!...partially that is...I can make it work through the Avant in the main room and in my kitchen where I have the BeoVision 6-26 installed as well as through the wireless link to the Beolab 8000's...But I can't make it work in a bedroom where i have an MX7000 connected on a BeoVideo MK2 box. Is there a special setup on The Beo4 one must go through? I know when i want to get the normal radio from the 3000 out on the MX7000 speakers that I need to activate the Link-AV first, but this doesn't seem to work for N.Music or N.Radio on the MX7000...
  • 10-18-2008 4:44 AM In reply to

Re: Connectivity problem Beoport - Beosond 3000, Avant 32 VCR and MX7000 on Masterlink help please?

Hi, As reported in previous threat I can now play N.Radio and N.Music almost everywhere...It was all down to the faulty wiring by using the small connector box...Never do that if you are DIY'ing a Masterlink cable

But i can't seem to get it working on my MX7000 which is connected on the ML cable through a Beolink Video MKII. I can get the radio and CD from the Beosound 3000 out by pressing link AV before the selecition of Radio or CD, but when i try the same with N.Radio or N.Music nothing happens...What do i do wrong...Please can anyone help on this one. I know the TV is almost a museums piece , but it works fine and just keeps on going and the sound is OK for our use. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)