in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2008 1:08 PM by Seanie_230. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2008 2:48 PM

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Single Iron Cast Foot to Beolab 8000

Does anyone know whether one could buy a single iron cast foot for a Beolab 8000?

(the heavy metal base that the slim lower tip of the speaker slides in?)

When moving the one of mine has gone missing :-( 

• 10-02-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

Re: Single Iron Cast Foot to Beolab 8000

Think so... I have seen them on ebay from time to time so definitley worth asking.
  • 10-02-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for pointing our Mobey - hope you're doing well :-)
  • 10-02-2008 5:44 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Pretty sure they are available from dealers.

'ell of a heavy thing to loose!!!

Cheers

Nigel

• 10-02-2008 5:47 PM In reply to

mor:

Does anyone know whether one could buy a single iron cast foot for a Beolab 8000?

(the heavy metal base that the slim lower tip of the speaker slides in?)

When moving the one of mine has gone missing :-( 

They will be available from your dealer as a spare part.

Regards Graham

• 10-02-2008 7:36 PM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

My dealer only offered a set of them (for one big price tag as well)

So I wondered whether anyone here knew how to get a single one 

• 10-03-2008 1:56 AM In reply to

Any small engineering machine shop could make you one , very simple and easy to do , getting the colour to match a bit tricky but have them both sprayed to match .
    Richard
  • 10-03-2008 3:13 AM In reply to

a2bur:
    Any small engineering machine shop could make you one , very simple and easy to do , getting the colour to match a bit tricky but have them both sprayed to match .
    Richard

I don't think so! The originals are castings. You would need to get the one you have copied, which could not be done in a machine shop.

Regards Graham

• 10-03-2008 3:16 AM In reply to

mor:

My dealer only offered a set of them (for one big price tag as well)

So I wondered whether anyone here knew how to get a single one 

I suggest you try another dealer. I would be surprised if they are only available in pairs.

By the way, how much did they quote and I will check with my dealer.

Regards Graham

• 10-03-2008 1:23 PM In reply to

Hello Graham 
    Yes they can if they have some large enough cast flat stock ( I've got 5 ton of it ) but most won't have it so make it out of steel , texture the surface to match or smooth the original and paint them both , you will only see the difference next to an original , just a suggestion for a cheaper alternative . These are nearly the only speaker I haven't got , B&o's finishes are usually excellent but I've got a door stop with a better finish . Castings should be shot blasted , primed and filled to give a smooth surface if in a visual situation , Victorians did it on Beam Engines ect. but not many bother these day's , shame .
    Richard
    As an engineering sub contractor these probably cost a few pounds from the supplier , but they end up with B&o on them , so what do they cost from them ?
  • 10-03-2008 11:30 PM In reply to

a2bur:
    Hello Graham 
    Yes they can if they have some large enough cast flat stock ( I've got 5 ton of it ) but most won't have it so make it out of steel , texture the surface to match or smooth the original and paint them both , you will only see the difference next to an original , just a suggestion for a cheaper alternative . These are nearly the only speaker I haven't got , B&o's finishes are usually excellent but I've got a door stop with a better finish . Castings should be shot blasted , primed and filled to give a smooth surface if in a visual situation , Victorians did it on Beam Engines ect. but not many bother these day's , shame .
    Richard
    As an engineering sub contractor these probably cost a few pounds from the supplier , but they end up with B&o on them , so what do they cost from them ?

I agree that just about anything is possible but I suppose that the eventual cost depends on whether you set up to do just one or thousands.

So, how much for just one which matches the original? I guess it would take a lot longer than 1 day so how much is that going to cost???

Given that you can buy the aluminium case as a spare part from B&O for around £84 or less, I cannot believe that a pair of spare cast iron feet can be much more, can you??

Regards Graham

• 10-04-2008 3:06 AM In reply to

I'm in engineering and have plenty of material about and could make one for nothing so cost isn't an issue for me , would take a couple of hours , nothing  technical , very basic . Finding some matching paint could take a while , easier to paint both . All depends on what they cost from B&o but as they are available even I wouldn't bother unless they are £100 each .
    Richard
  • 10-04-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

The dealer I went to quoted  € 270 (about £ 210) for the pair - of which I would only need half.
  • 10-04-2008 12:56 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

mor:
    The dealer I went to quoted  € 270 (about £ 210) for the pair - of which I would only need half.

That seems excessive to say the least. Cannot believe they cost that much, is there another dealer you could try?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-04-2008 1:44 PM In reply to

Now taking orders Surprise
  • 10-05-2008 8:05 AM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Craig:

mor:

That seems excessive to say the least. Cannot believe they cost that much, is there another dealer you could try?

CraigSmile

jep - Luckily there's another dealer in town - two more actually... I will try them next week. Don't want to opt for a remake though ... Still haven't given up the hope that I'll find a lonely single one ;-) 

• 10-05-2008 1:08 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

you could try and buy them and ebay the remaining one someone might want to replace one if its less than perfect.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)