in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-01-2008 12:11 PM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2008 6:43 AM

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

A8s - not about fakes, but an observation.

My trusty A8s finally wore out after 7 years of iPod duty - the classic intermittent cutting out of one channel caused by break in the connection at the plug. After a few days of fiddling with the plug to try and get complete sound, I went into B&O in Canary Wharf where I was working until recently, and bought a new pair. 

Not sure if it's just in my head, but they don't seem to sound quite as good as the old ones. Plus, the metal parts don't slide as smoothly as I remembered the original ones did right from the start - although they're much better now after a couple of uses. Also, the rubber parts are kind of 'sticky', again maybe because they're new. Finally, the part where the cord splits into the separate wires for L and R, on the old one is a very small rectangular block of plastic, on the new ones it's a larger 'Y' shape piece of plastic exactly as shown in the video of the fake ones!

So, I'm sure these aren't fake (bought from B&O dealer, box and case and extension cable are identical to previous ones) but they are different! Has anyone else bought some recently and noticed the changes??  

• 10-01-2008 7:26 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Re: A8s - not about fakes, but an observation.

Interesting, it appears there is at least 2 versions of the A8s, a new and an old one, is that right? The metal parts slides very smoothly on my A8s, but they are very used.

br

Chr.

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 10-01-2008 12:04 PM In reply to

• astrauch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Saarbrücken, Germany
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

That's normal! Every speaker or headphone get's worn in. Listen to them everyday for 2 weeks and they'll sound MUCH better.

Same with the sliding, it get's easier if You've used them for a while. 

• 10-01-2008 12:11 PM In reply to

They changed the Y connector as the old one was prone to fail!
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)