in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2008 6:10 PM by thorne. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2007 8:17 AM

Beotalk 1200

Some overcurious fingers have been playing with my Beotalk and also the power has been disconnected several times for short periods of time.  The result is that when it is powered up it defaults to silent answer, and rate saver and listening in modes are all activated, and the ringing time defaults to 55 and not 15.  The time has to be reset each time power is disconnected and all entries in my voice announcement phonebook have been wiped out.  In addition, incoming calls ring once, then stop and no message is relayed to the caller.  Any thoughts? 
  • 05-14-2007 9:44 AM In reply to

Re: Beotalk 1200

Needs resetting and the options set to what you want. Mine does just the same. Shame they don't have battery back up as this would probably sort this. The fact they are so tricky to set up doesn't help. Not much help - but I can empathise!
  • 05-14-2007 11:13 AM In reply to

I understand your problem, in the early days I had the same problems, so I invested into a small UPS for around £80 and it has been perfect ever since.

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 05-14-2007 2:47 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

thorne:
    Some overcurious fingers have been playing with my Beotalk and also the power has been disconnected several times for short periods of time.  The result is that when it is powered up it defaults to silent answer, and rate saver and listening in modes are all activated, and the ringing time defaults to 55 and not 15.  The time has to be reset each time power is disconnected and all entries in my voice announcement phonebook have been wiped out.  In addition, incoming calls ring once, then stop and no message is relayed to the caller.  Any thoughts? 

It's obviously reset to answer all calls with announcement only and without the option to leave a message.
    Glad you bought this up as I have to switch my power off tomorrow while I connect some mains cables under my house.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-15-2007 4:27 AM In reply to

Interesting.  What is a UPS?
  • 05-15-2007 4:39 AM In reply to

Uninterruptible  Power Supply. Used mainly for computers to guard against sudden power cuts so that the hard disc doesn't crash and so you can save information. Most answer machines have a small back up battery which does the same thing.
  • 05-15-2007 4:56 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Had my power off for three hours today. When I switched back on my 1200 still had all the same settings and date and messages. The only thing I had to do was advance the clock three hours. Not a problem.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-17-2008 5:18 PM In reply to

thorne:

Hi Thorne or anyone else who has a resolution,

did you ever resolve this problem?? It appears that I have exactly the same problem. I was disconneting beotalk 1200 a number of times in a short period, while moving the machine to a different location, and since then it has started powering up in a different mode, sort of. Most annoyingly it doesn't show the caller id anymore, it just blinks when an incoming call is received. The ringing time is default to 55 s, while it should be pre-set to 15 seconds according to the manual. The machine was working perfectly before and I use exactly the same cables. Does anyone know what has happene`?? Thank you very much.

• 03-17-2008 6:10 PM In reply to

I forgot I posted this, it was such a long time ago.  I'm afraid the solution was to replace the board inside the machine.  Works perfectly now
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)