in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2008 10:04 AM by PhilLondon. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2008 9:42 AM

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

US Dealer Meeting

My dealer says the BS5/BM5 is a must have. . .

He says it's going to be by far the next big thing. . .Also, the BEO5 is supposed to be much more user friendly beginning this November.  He actually told me they had the BEO5 controlling a Rhoomba remote controlled vacuum.  Apparently B&O is going to be more 3rd party friendly..  I also was told that B&O are coming out with a ML/Crestron product to easily incorporate an iPod into and existing ML system.

Anyone else have news about the Chicago meeting?

MJM 

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 09-29-2008 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: US Dealer Meeting

Cool! I was thinking of buying a Roomba vaccum cleaner!

Looks like B&O (or the new CEO) is really starting to listen.

p.

• 09-29-2008 10:10 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

ALL dealers are saying it's the 'must have', primarily as they've not had anything decent - and keenly priced - to sell to B&O customers for the last 12 months.

It's also a device that's been in discussion since....Summer 2007! It's had an extremely long development cycle and B&O still seem hesitant to announce to the public, hence the cloth that covered the product at the recent meeting.

I'll make my initial opinion when we see some decent images, then when we read about the final functionality and, lastly, when I get to use the device in my local store.

For now, I'm more than happy with my £350 Mac Mini media server that streams my audio wirelessly, around the house and is controllable by my iPod Touch, wherever I'm located in the building. Amazing concept, it's a bit of a 'must have', works flawlessly. Costs <£600.

• 09-29-2008 11:14 AM In reply to

My dealer was excited about the BS5/BM5 as well and ventured a guess at pricing to be about ~$6K.  I'm in agreement though that we'll have to see how it works in practice, especially the BS5 before making a final judgement.  With so much hype and anticipation though, the bar is pretty high.

He did also say that he saw the BeoLab 3 and 2 in white and thought the both looked cool.  While some components I think woudl not look all that great in white, I think the 3's certainly would.  I'll be interested in seeing them in that color in person.

Jeff 

• 09-29-2008 12:56 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

My dealer said the white speakers looked interesting and you now can have a red, white and blue speaker system, good in Texas.  Customers he said always ask for white but then usually buy black or grey to be safe.  The white BS9000 with the alum plate painted white with and blue black side panel just looks goofy he said.  

The Beosound 5 was cool but delivery and price are big questions especially if the dollar continues to slide.  

• 09-30-2008 9:11 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

I am more interested in the more user friendly Beo5, can anyone elaborate on the details? New software? Uncrippled IR? Can the Beo5 finally become the universal remote that brings new customers into the world of B&O? Finally, Mac compatible software?????

Come on B&O release some details.

-Sal

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-30-2008 9:29 AM In reply to

October is going to be the longest month ever!
  • 09-30-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I was informed that the software update and availability of 3rd party product controls would be vastly increased.  My dealer told me that "they made me a believer."  This coming from a guy who literally wouldn't sell me the BEO5 because he knew I'd be sending it back.  

Supposedly the B&O guys are accepting that we all used some type of 3rd party products in our B&O setups.  The word I got was that it would still require a dealer to upgrade the software, etc. However, there would be many more codes to access.

I'm ready for the new software myself as I've just ordered and expect any day my BV9 

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 09-30-2008 10:04 AM In reply to

Maybe they've bought a database of IR codes and it's been added to the config software...

I am happy to be able to control non AV devices directly from the Beo5, but for AV devices, I think the STB-C is better as it can be accessed from link rooms, and recording can be programmed.

p.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)