in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2008 5:42 PM by Stars. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2008 8:10 AM

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

BV8 On the shelf?

I appreciate that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', but every time I see pictures of the BV8 it looks like a TV sat on a narrow shelf, with little thought to design. I do hope though, like many B&O products, it does in fact look fabulous 'in the flesh'.

Anyone else think the same? 

Unsure 

• 09-25-2008 11:50 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Re: BV8 On the shelf?

Like a tv sat on a narrow stage, which is why they designed it so that the screen continues all the way down to floor of the stage. This is a design that will grow on you.

Roger

• 09-25-2008 12:12 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I'd like to think so Roger, thanks. But most,, if not all, previous B&O designs have always had the wow factor for me, but not this one.

But, as I said, I've not seen it 'live' so to speak, so I may be doing the design a gross injustice.

Smile 

• 09-25-2008 4:14 PM In reply to

I have it. It doesn't have the wow design, it is a bit more understated.

The only thing that wowed me and still does is the BV5. The idea of having a picture frame on the wall I thought was great.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-26-2008 4:39 AM In reply to

Actually, I rather like the Beovision 8-32 in white. The models with the 26 inch screen look a bit out of proportion to me as there is too much frame and too little screen. And I don't like the black, which is actually dark grey... Perhaps B&O should offer more colours?

The TV I actually would like to own is a Beocenter 6-32. If B&O only put that one in production....

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-27-2008 12:24 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

jk1002:

I have it. It doesn't have the wow design, it is a bit more understated.

The only thing that wowed me and still does is the BV5. The idea of having a picture frame on the wall I thought was great.

Cheers

JK

In total agreement with JK... the BV 8 (finally own one) doesn't have the "come look at me!" wow design of other B&O. It isreally understated.

-Sal 

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-27-2008 2:11 PM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

"Little thought to design"... yeah right! Just because a product doesn't scream look at me does not equate to little thought concerning design. The BV8 is a beautiful design, elegant and discreet – just like the MX before it. It has a superb picture and excellent sound. I have a white BV8 32 with Beocenter 2 and Beolab 3's along a low wall mounted cabinet and it looks beautiful.

Maybe a solid gold version would appeal to you a bit more :)

• 09-28-2008 4:45 AM In reply to

• ifmusicbe
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2008
    • Lomme 59160 France
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Having seen it "in the flesh" during my last visit to the Tenderden's dealer last week. It appeared to me as the potential successor to my 1996  MX 4000, which by the way I have rediscovered the qualities of through the subscription to a  French digital cable reception.

The BV 8 looks different and  is nicely  designed although I could only see the dark model. Sound and picture appeared excellent on the wall-mounted version. I must say it was the first time I could see it, as the set is not yet available in the shops in Northern France with the TNT adaptator problem that B&O have to provide it with. Besides, I have to point out the long, warm and excellent welcome from the dealer after explaining my reasons for entering the shop.

If music be the food of love, play on;Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die. W. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night , 1602

Filed under:
  • 09-28-2008 8:59 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

When placed on the floor, the similarities between MX and BV8 is striking.

Looking at the BV8 anyone can instantly recognize it as B&O - everyone who has seen the TV before will think of B&O when they see it. It is probably the only LCD/plasma in the world that is so easy to recognize.
    I think it will be a success.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 09-28-2008 9:50 AM In reply to

I am very pleased with my BV8. The design is exquisite, wonderful angles and shaping, and placed on the floor-stand it looks stunning.
    Even bought it in the 26" size because the proportions between TV and floor-stand are best then.

The most extraordinary television on the market today, and the "shelf" is actually a speaker bar, its shape the result of what's needed to fit speaker elements for best possible sound. Form & Function!

• 09-28-2008 10:33 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

mason:

"Little thought to design"... yeah right! Just because a product doesn't scream look at me does not equate to little thought concerning design. The BV8 is a beautiful design, elegant and discreet – just like the MX before it. It has a superb picture and excellent sound. I have a white BV8 32 with Beocenter 2 and Beolab 3's along a low wall mounted cabinet and it looks beautiful.

Maybe a solid gold version would appeal to you a bit more :)

No it wouldn't if it was still the same design! On reflection though, melted down it might.

Seriously, all I was saying is from the pictures it didn't do a lot for me in terms of design. I went on to concede that I have never seen one in the flesh so i could be wrong.

I'm sure you love the design, that's why you bought it after all, but if we all thought there was only one interpretation of what was good design, all cars, for example, would look the same, albeit in different sizes!    

Smile 

• 09-28-2008 11:57 AM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

Darn it... thought I'd fixed you with the "solid gold comment", then you shoot me down with the "melting it down" retort :) Vive la BV8!
  • 10-26-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

I personally like the BV8 design. As already mentioned, it has an understated design which works well with its positioning in my home. I don't want my TVs to be the focus point of any room in the house.

My dealer has told me BV8 26" has been discontinued.

• 10-26-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

Stars:

My dealer has told me BV8 26" has been discontinued.

Really ? Erm the 26" is an adequate size for smaller rooms....Folks, What are you thinking about the BV8 wall-bracket ? Any comments about that ... Are BV8 owner here ...prefer , the floor stand, wall-bracket or just leaving it on the sideboard ?

TT

• 10-26-2008 5:42 PM In reply to

Yeah he said that the end of production of BV8 26" has been confirmed.

My BV8 26" is on the black floor stand, however I quite like the aluminium floor stand which should go with the white BV8. Not so keen on the wall bracket, but it does look good on easel.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)