in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-26-2008 3:18 PM by dp. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2008 8:52 PM

• MacBo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

When will B&O release the dvb-t unit for BV8?

I suppose it should have been released this summer - but my dealer don't know when it will be out.

Can someone help me?/Bo.

• 09-25-2008 2:13 AM In reply to

Re: When will B&O release the dvb-t unit for BV8?

Apparently, the DVB-T for the Beovision 8 should have been available now, but it has been delayed and I am informed that no new release date has been set yet. Having said that, B&O are under considerable pressure to get it released quickly, but its better to be delayed than have a product which is not 100% working.

Regards Keith....

• 09-25-2008 6:38 AM In reply to

Simply amazing. It seems the Danes are developing their own kind of dvb-t named dvb-d. With "d" not for danish, but for delayed. BV8 should have been dvb-t ready from the start, this isn´t even funny anymore. How long is BV8 on the market now...?

Regards, beoberlin 

• 09-26-2008 1:20 AM In reply to

this is the kind of thing that makes me laugh when people call bno 'cutting edge'

they even asked me in an on line questionnaire if i considered them to be technologically at the forefront

tbh this is not only inexcusable on such an expensive tv but in 2009 will probably be illegal when the analogue stations start being turned off 

popgear is grate™

• 09-26-2008 3:11 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

The analogue switch off in the UK actually started in Oct 2007 - there won't be many buyers of BV8's in Whitehaven!

It's beyond astonishing, when you can buy a self contained DVB-T Tuner in a scart plug housing, that a company with the supposed abilities of B&O are "having difficulties" introducing what is basically an off the self chipset into it's product.

Rumour has it they're planning to introduce Teletext next!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-26-2008 3:57 AM In reply to

In France its against the law since last December to sell a TV without a digital tuner.

Regards Keith....

• 09-26-2008 4:00 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Well considering B&O had previously moved from the logical two way remote to one way only, it's a good job the Beo5 is around as shouldn't you be able to compose xml files to control that scart socket thingo? So rather than pay the $xxxxx price tag to retrofit or buy a set with it on, you could just buy the scart socket, a Beo5 and probably have change left Big Smile

See there is a bright side to waiting for B&O to adopt technology Wink

• 09-26-2008 4:10 AM In reply to

I also hope they give us firmware update for our TVs so that we can use DVB-T on the TV button leaving DTV free for another source.

p.

• 09-26-2008 4:11 AM In reply to

Puncher:

The analogue switch off in the UK actually started in Oct 2007 - there won't be many buyers of BV8's in Whitehaven!

It's beyond astonishing, when you can buy a self contained DVB-T Tuner in a scart plug housing, that a company with the supposed abilities of B&O are "having difficulties" introducing what is basically an off the self chipset into it's product.

Rumour has it they're planning to introduce Teletext next!

i know it sounds ridiculous but from what i've gleaned the dvb-t retrofit for my avant doesn't even have that !

no , no support for digital text

you couldn't make things like this up !! BLOCKED SCRIPTinsertSmiley('Laughing');

popgear is grate™

• 09-26-2008 3:18 PM In reply to

• dp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

as much as I would like, but seriously doubt - wouldn't it be nice if the module was delayed as they were making it a freesat + DVBT module?!

With free HD broadcasts becoming more popular and B&O wanting to appear more cutting edge, would this not be a sensible (and relative cheap - aren't panasonic one of B&O's manufacturing partners) move for what should be a popular TV?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)