in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-16-2008 5:35 AM by Robert. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2008 5:18 AM

• sveifors
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North of Norway
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Serenata questions

Hi

I was the lucky winner of 1st prize  and won the fantastic Serenata mobile phone in the May prize draw. Since I have got it home I have used it everyday, and I must say it is both beautiful and different from all of the other phones. That is to my liking. I have had nokia phones for over 10 years so it felt like I was new to everything. That is ok, because I like to learn.

Slowly I am beginning to get used to it(it is not easy to teach a old dog to sit). My first problem and I must say I have not solved it yet was when I call up big companies with their automatic machines. What am I going to do then (If you want this press "1", if you want that press "2")?

1. Does any have a solution to this, or must I have my Nokia as a back-up. Winter is coming and I have a webasto warmer on my Citroen C5 to warm up in the morning before driving . This I start be calling to it and then press a code and then puts on warming by pressing a certain number. How can I do this on my Serenata? I think it is a bit stupid to carry a xtra phone simply to this?

2 On my phone I like to have my own ringtone. I have still not found any way of putting my own ringtones to my Serenata, is it possible and how is it done?

Sveifors Always look on the B & O side of life
  • 09-16-2008 5:35 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Re: Serenata questions

Hi Sveifors,

I've been using a Serenata since Christmas time, and like to think I have gotten used to its quirks. I still find texting a nightmare, but generally phone rather than text, so it isn't the end of the world.

To get a number dial up during a call press the centre button, then tap the keypad. Obviously this is necessary as you say during calls to companies with automated machines, and I think may also help with regards to your problem 1.

For problem 2, as far as I know, you can't put you own ringtone onto Serenata, although I'm open to being proven wrong here.

If you have any other queries regarding Serenata don't hesitate to ask!

Regards, Robert. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)