in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-14-2008 3:15 PM by tournedos. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2008 10:17 AM

• PWH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-22-2008
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

4002- loose spring

I have obtained a 'one owner from new' 4002 . It needs new belts which are on their way from Dillen. On inspection I found a spring loose in the bottom of the chassis. It is identical to one which was on the end of the turntable spindle which goes into the bearing.

Does anyone know what it is for? Where does it go? How many are there? I want to check there are no more loose ones which could short something.

I don't know how to upload photos I can see a picture of a tree, but I cannot navigate from the link to the photo on my computer. If someone could tell me I will upload one of this spring.

• 09-14-2008 10:48 AM In reply to

Re: 4002- loose spring

Does this ring any bells: Beogram 6000 mystery spring  ?

As for the pictures, you need to click the "options" tab and upload them there. I'm afraid it won't help much, though...

-mika

• 09-14-2008 1:43 PM In reply to

• PWH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-22-2008
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

Thanks, i shall just put it away. Do you think the one that is on the spindle should be there? it was attached when I lifted the turntable.

I attach a photo as a practice. Also on the turntable is a moulded plastic piec. What is it? I remember, (35 years ago!) this was a transit guard/lock for the arms? 

• 09-14-2008 3:15 PM In reply to

Dunno about the one on the spindle, only that I don't have one in my 6000 (or it is stuck in the bottom of the chassis side of the bearing, and I never noticed it). The other extra spring looks exactly like the one I found rattling about.

Maybe someone who has seen more of these machines will tell about the plastic piece - I don't have the arm lock piece either, but the ones I've seen in pictures have been red.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)