in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-12-2008 4:02 AM by tobeyone. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2008 6:07 PM

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

BS9000 Glass Door Has Come Off!!

I've just been setting up my BS9000 (after moving house) and as as I was lifting it onto the stand the glass door fell off. Luckily I was holding it at the time so it didn't fall and break. Has anybody had a similar problem? or know of a likely repair cost? (the model is a Mk2).

Also, while it is being repaired is it worth getting it serviced?, the CD mechanism replaced?, or getting it upgraded to N.music? (can someone briefly explain what the n.music feature will alllow me to do?)

Thanks

Ian

• 09-11-2008 8:30 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: BS9000 Glass Door Has Come Off!!

Hi Ian,

replacing the glass door would currently cost you about $170USD.  Fixing the problem can be done for the price of an automotive Rear-View Mirror repair kit down at the local auto parts shop, and a hex-head screw driver.   That's assuming that the glass has detached 'cleanly' from the pieces holding it onto the hinges; if they're damaged, get the new door.  

While I'm thinking about it, contact your local B&O shop, and have them check with national HQ for you...you'll need the serial number from your BS-9000.  Early on there was a problem with the doors falling off and B&O issued a global, all inclusive recall covering the replacement of the door assmbly at B&O's expense.  Since you have a MK-II it may not apply, but it is worth looking into.  

If everything else is working well, then getting the mechanicals looked at falls into the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" category; but it might be worth asking after the 'N. Music' update.   'Net Music' is B&O's generic term for PC based music servers, BeoPort and BeoMedia specifically.  The update would allow your 9000 to access music you have stored digitally.  One reason to consider this upgrade is that, at this point none of us really know how the mysterious, looming, BeoSound 5, will fit into the ML system.  Obviously it would want to supplant your 9000 as the audio master in the house, but what of the 9000 in a link room?

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 09-12-2008 4:02 AM In reply to

Re: BS9000 Glass Door Has Come Off!!

Happened to me a couple of years ago and my dealer replaced the door for free (just charged a bit of labour) even though it was about 8 years old! Said it was a bit of a known problem with the glue. If you have a good dealer relationship this is definately worth a try.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)