in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-12-2008 9:27 PM by jk1002. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2008 2:42 PM

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 8 arrives... (B&O codes suck!)

I know I should have known... First off, the television is GREAT, but the implementation for other brand compatibility is even worse than it was when I had an Avant! At least I could control the main functions of the DVD player I had with the Avant, but now, I can access menus, but I can't pause, fast forward, revers, etc... it's horrible!

I guess, I'm going to have to turin the IR connectors off, and continue using the Lintronic I have programmed for a more complete access to the Tivo (which doesn't get operated at all using B&O's "G-TIVO" source), and the Panasonic DVD player, whose exact model is in the sources menu, in fact).

I paid for the television, which I'm happy with. And with Lintronic, I have much more control over my connected devices.

-Sal

(Still waiting for a bit of furniture before I take pictures) 

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-11-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 8 arrives... (B&O codes suck!)

Hi Sal, sorry I never responded to your mail but I haven't been on here in a while. Congratulations on your TV. Just a quick notes, the G codes are usually programmed for Beo 5 as it has two sets of arrows. You should get the regular TiVo code.
    -Alex
  • 09-11-2008 2:51 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Does that mean another trip to the B&O store to get the PUC reinstalled, or whatever it is they do? I was on the phone with the dealer and the only TiVo he saw on his computer screen was G-tivo 

(I have basic cable through Brighthouse, no cable box, no cable card, I just have the RF cable in the back of the TivoHD, I have the Tivo Service through TIVO (lifetime service), not through brighthouse)

Any suggestions? (The closest B&O store, my dealer, is over 3 Hr away)

-Sal 

• 09-11-2008 4:59 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

You would need your PUC loaded again, just make sure they put everything they have on there. They do have another TiVo model on there Im pretty sure.
    -Alex
  • 09-11-2008 8:28 PM In reply to

I think what you have is just the defaults. They can load any PUC that is there for the BS3 I believe. This can be done in your place, there is no need to carry the TV back.

I checked mine, I havent done any changes to it and it cam with the G Tivo out of the box.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-12-2008 10:23 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Thanks JK and Alex,

Being that the shop is 3hrs away (and I doubt they'd allow me to have a copy of the flashing software), I'd prefer to take the TV back myself, especially if there are any more tweaks that are necessary.

Another question... Will the PUC codes be wiped if the TV is reset back to the factory settings from the service menu? (don't worry, I'm not thinking of doing anything drastic)

-Sal 

• 09-12-2008 9:27 PM In reply to

He can do this in your place. I wouldn't want to shuffle my TV around. I think he is not going to be hapy about it since it will wipe out a day for a tech, however if you ar eflexible on timing maybe he can do it when he is in the area.

I dont know if the PUC codes will be wiped if you do a factory reset. I would think it will just reset the setting in there.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)