in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-11-2008 6:13 AM by tournedos. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2008 1:45 AM

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Why white now?

Could the reason for white speakers coming now now really be related to this?  

I know this option has been requested since the CX100/50 were discontinued, so it is not a new idea! 

"Bang & Olufsen has signed a three year contract with a property development company based in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. The contract, which is the biggest ever single order for Bang & Olufsen, has a total value of at least 50 million DKK (10 million USD) over the three years."
  • 09-10-2008 1:59 AM In reply to

Re: Why white now?

Exactly, its a popular colour in the UAE ;) Limited edition means expensive... you cant see europeans and americans splashing out like mad when the economy is going for the dogs...
  • 09-10-2008 5:46 AM In reply to

White ON Laughing

I used to have a white 7000 Video look great and the 7000 system looked fab.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 09-10-2008 6:25 AM In reply to

White is beautiful!

Indeed, one prestigious real-estate development project will come standard with B&O. However, you don't see B&O that often here, and if you see it, it is at houses of western people.

Maybe the white line is going to change that.........

BTW: it would open nice opportunities for Michael of Lintronic, as all digital tv settopboxes they use locally are not part of the STB-C list.

• 09-10-2008 8:06 AM In reply to

I am myself redecorating my new flat, and white will be quite dominant. I am by the same occasion hiding all the cables and masterlinking all the flat! 

I do have a MX7000 that I converted to white. It looks great. I like that B&O release most products in white. It will be more popular than the red and blue. 

beoaddict:

BTW: it would open nice opportunities for Michael of Lintronic, as all digital tv settopboxes they use locally are not part of the STB-C list.

Any (good) dealer can setup a custom STB-C list with your devices providing you give them the remote control.

I also suppose B&O head office can do this to that many millions! 

• 09-10-2008 8:26 AM In reply to

White speakers coming out will have been in the works at Stuer for quite a while. And if it was only for Dubai then they wouldn't release it all over the world.

Looking at the pictures of the speakers and sich on the Media Center in ROS they look really good. I can't wait to see pictures of the BeoLab 9's and 5's.

The contract in Dubai is huge but Bang & Olufsen is bigger than one order, so would not mass produce lots of new products for the whole world something that is for one sale.

Dave

Filed under:
  • 09-10-2008 10:46 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Remember the products themselves are still silver from what we have heard.  All they have done is produce white fabric grill covers.  Very low cost solution in my opinion and one large order could have triggered that?
  • 09-10-2008 10:54 AM In reply to

Exactly, if its such a low cost solution, why not?

B&O is now trying to create a positive impression in the middle east, and they can use this move to promote it...

We might be making a storm out of nothing, but thats not really important... why would they bother making it limited edition then by solely changing the colour.

Limited edition, should be something like signed copies, or platinum-plated stuff. What stops me from just replacing the black covers with white ones?

Hehe, i dont even know why im bothering getting all eager to talk about this... its hometime soon!

• 09-10-2008 12:27 PM In reply to

White is not a new color for B&O.  I had a white MX5000 TV and a white VX5000 vhs.  Look at the older catalogs.  White has been featured many times but not lately.  Opening new stores in the Middle East is a good idea and maybe the local tastes might favor the new white but the new white is not new.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-11-2008 4:44 AM In reply to

I have a white beovision 600 from 1971 ... I am sure that this was not the "first" product in white
  • 09-11-2008 5:24 AM In reply to

Sounds like good news for the 2nd Hand market in white Beosystem 6500/7000, Beomaster 1200/2000, white turntables, etc.

• 09-11-2008 5:52 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:

I am myself redecorating my new flat, and white will be quite dominant..

The only problem is that white paint fades badly on walls. I have an all-white living room and it was very 'yellow' before it was re-painted a year ago. It was very white after the paint job! However, a year on and it's not so white. Candles, cooking and so on cause the walls to lose their brightness over time.

For that reason, I think I've decided against the BL5's or BL9's in white. I've seen pictures and they are ultra bright white, so they'll really stand out against white walls, after time. The BL5's look a bit bizarre in white!

• 09-11-2008 6:13 AM In reply to

I have a white MX6000, a white VX5000 under it, and a complete white Beosystem 6500 (and a white MX2000 at the summer cottage...). I've been thinking how my Pentas would look like with white frets. I would try it out if the originals weren't in such a good shape...

(no, my walls aren't completely white: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/storage/13/117339/shelf.jpg )

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)