in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-07-2008 10:01 PM by Bouncer. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2008 12:39 AM

Audio problem with STB and BV7

Hi all,

Anyone experiences intermittent sound from digitial TV STB?  I have a BV7-32 and a digital TV box connected to via DVI and Coaxial.  Whenever I watch digital TV, the sound will go off, sometimes after a few minutes and sometimes a few seconds.  I can regain the sound by changing the digital TV channels but the problem will come back. My dealer (in Hong Kong) told me its a know problem and there is no cure for it at the moment.  I don't think it has anything to do with the digital TV format in HK, we are using DMB-T/H.  Is that another thing with the complicated audio input with BV7 again?  I am already having trouble with PS3.

Victor 

• 09-05-2008 3:47 AM In reply to

Re: Audio problem with STB and BV7

I'm also from Hong Kong.  I have a BV7-32 and connected it with APPLE TV and NOW HD STB thru DVI and never encountered any problems.  Apart from the L-R audio connection, I also connected the optical output to BV7's digital-in through an optical/digital converter (bought from the HK AD), enabling BV7 to produce either stereo or surround sound depending on the source.  May be you can try this method.   

• 09-05-2008 5:00 AM In reply to

Actually the audio output from the "Eight" HD box is optical. I used the optical to co-axial convertor (non B&O product but bought from B&O).  Keeps cutting out the audio Sad
  • 09-05-2008 10:38 PM In reply to

I think you should also use a RCA cable to connect the L-R audio out from the STB to the L-R audio in of the BV7-32.  The digital audio-in of the BV7-32 only works when it detects a surround sound source, in other common situations, it requires the L-R audio-in to output stereo sound.
  • 09-07-2008 10:01 PM In reply to

But with only the co-axail connected, I still get sound from the STB (only 2 channels).  I am sure I will have no such problem with the RCA but why intermitten with the digital sound?  I hope B&O has a software upgrade to cure this problem.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)