in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-09-2008 3:15 PM by Alex. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2008 8:10 AM

Beijing 2008 pictures

As I may have mentioned, I worked at the athletics broadcasting in Beijing last month. I've compiled some photos in the hope they will be interesting to others as well - in addition to assorted generic tourist crap, there are shots from places no ordinary games visitor had access to.

Unfortunately I realized too late that I should've visited the B&O shop at Beijing, so there's no B&O content. I won't clog the forum with the actual image files though, so I hope this isn't too far off topic at Beoworld Smile

The pics are here (I may have to change the address for bandwidth reasons later), click on the first thumbnail to get rolling. Most of the slides can be clicked to get an even bigger image if you wish. They are not in chronological order, I tried to group them somewhat sensibly...

-mika

• 09-04-2008 8:02 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beijing 2008 pictures

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I find them very good and above all very interesting! Yes -  thumbs up

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-05-2008 8:23 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all your photographs. Thank you so much mate.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-05-2008 9:08 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Brilliant - I feel as if I'd been there too now.

Thanks for taking the time to share them with usSmile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-05-2008 2:58 PM In reply to

Thanks for sharing your photos with us! Really enjoyed looking through them.
  • 09-06-2008 9:40 AM In reply to

Fantastic, thank you very much for taking the time to share your pictures with us.  It was very interesting to get a small feeling of what it was like to be there.

Many thanks

PeterG 

• 09-06-2008 10:53 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

What fantastic pictures, thank you for sharing them with us. How I would hate to be the poor chap who has to look for the faulty cable in that lot though.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 09-06-2008 11:36 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Brilliant!

Thank you for taking the time to do this, and although not too many people have commented i am sure i speak for everyone that has looked at them in saying a big thank you!

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-06-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

Thank you very much for sharing those.

Very nice.

Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 09-06-2008 3:31 PM In reply to

Thanks for all the thanks! As most of you probably know, making a decent presentation is one of the most tedious parts of photography, so I'm glad there was an audience Smile

The most impressive part of this gig was the incredible amount of effort the Chinese had put into everything. This vast circus worked like a clock to the finest detail. And it was impossible to remain in bad mood when all the volunteer workers never failed to smile, whatever the situation!

Funnily, the thing I'll miss the most will be the food. I left street kitchens alone (there simply wasn't room in the schedule for being sick), but otherwise it was always delicious - even though on many occasions I had only a faint idea of what I was eating...

-mika

• 09-09-2008 3:15 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

As someone who gets involved with back-stage production (mainly sound) on quite a few events, I have wondered how it was all managed on such a huge scale. Thanks for the insight!

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)