in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-07-2008 11:39 AM by wasti. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2008 5:52 AM

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Facelifting of the BeoSound 2500 (cd clamp)

Dear All,

I have decided to fecelift a little bit my old BeoCentury 2500. I decided to buy the new glossy large cd clamp.It cost me €55.- Though the cost of exchanging it by a B&O dealer is €100.- so I want to avoid this cost and do it by myself.

And have someone changed the clamp by themself? Is it easy to do? Can you perhaps send me a link to a service manual how to do that?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wasti

• 09-03-2008 11:54 AM In reply to

Re: Facelifting of the BeoSound 2500 (cd clamp)

I have try to do the same with my beosound ouverture. And thats very easy, just 10 mins will do.....But its reli very hard to describe, may be I will try to upload some photos later, so that you can understand easier.Smile 
  • 09-03-2008 4:21 PM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. It would fantastic if you could do a small photo "how to do" guide. 10 minutes! I am so glad. I will orderthe large CD-clamp tomorrow. Do I need only the clamp? Anything else to have it installed in my Beocenter 2500/2300? 

Thank you for your reply in advance! :)

Wasti

• 09-04-2008 3:36 AM In reply to

Hi 

Just order the CD clamp will be fine. But one thing you have to find first, cause when I order mine, they require me to provide the serial no.

For example If you want to order the clamp of the Beosound 3200, you got to have the serial no of that player.

But thats easy, just go to ebay US, there may have some auction which have photos showing the backside of the player, so you can copy down the serial no, and tell your delear that serial no would do. 

Dont worry, they want the serial no just for reference.

Laughing 

• 09-04-2008 7:33 AM In reply to

Why not just use your own? The reason they ask is for compatibility of parts - some parts will fit one CD mechanism and not others. In this case I am not convinced it makes much difference but why complicate things. If they have a record of your serial number, it might be useful if your item is stolen in the future.
  • 09-04-2008 8:45 AM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

In my case I was not asked for the SN, I just gave them the name of my B&O system.

Wasti

• 09-04-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Hello there,

I have just found a PDF where the CD-Clamp is shown on a connection layout (link). Is someone able to describe step by step what to do in order to change the CD clamp?

Thank you in advance!

Wasti

• 09-04-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

Lift the clamp and look at the underside. It is not rocket science so all should now be obvious. The new clamper will fit to the existing hinge.

If I remember correctly you should only need to remove six screws to complete the whole job!

Regards Graham

• 09-05-2008 1:21 AM In reply to

Here are the steps for changing the clamp:

a) unscrew the two screws underneath the clamp

b) load the clamp down, remove the cover

c) Pull out the metal strip in the middle, that is for holding the clamp down tightly

d) After that, pull out the two metal rod hinges at both top corners. To get them out, you have to slide the metal rod towards the center by using a pliers

e) Now, load the clamp up, when loading, hold it carefully giving it support

f) Carefully remove the whole clamp from that hindge like below

g) After that, you should can remove the whole clamp out. And you will only left with the loading arm

h) To fit a new clamp, just undo the steps, and that will be done.

---If you still find unsure on how to change the clamp, I can try to upload some more photos so that you can understand.

Hope my guide can help you a bit....Big Smile

• 09-05-2008 6:47 AM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Thank you very much beocenter9000! It is very kind of you to take your time and present the steps for changing the clamp in this thread. I suppose it should be presented in the FAQ section, of course, with your permission.

I will check this out when I will be back home. If any doubts arise, a will contact you. Once again: THANK YOU!

Cheers

Wasti

• 09-06-2008 12:55 AM In reply to

Yeah....If it can really help, of course I dont mind presenting it in the FAQ section. hehehe....

Because the labour cost is sometimes quite expensive for me, so I will try to fix the stuff myself alwaysWink.....

• 09-06-2008 10:26 AM In reply to

• ndaniels
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Winchester
    • Posts 12
    • Founder

Hi Wasti,

I have a BC2500 with damaged clamper if you no longer need the clamper you are replacing would you be interested in parting with it? Let me know if you are and how much you would be looking for,

best regards,

Nigel 

• 09-07-2008 11:39 AM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Hello Nigel,

I have already promised the old clamp my friend who had his clamp scratched by his cat! So I cannont be a much help for you. Sorry... I hope you will find a replacement soon.

All the best!

Wasti

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)