in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-09-2008 1:32 PM by Spiros. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2008 1:18 PM

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Mythbuntu HTPC BEO4 remote

I am working on a HTPC for my living room and I want to be able to control it with my beo4 remote.

For this project I would like to try the linux based Mythbuntu distrubution.

Problem is how to get the remote to work with it? Does anyone have any experience with any ir recievers?

I have the Sconi V2 reciever which works excellent under windows but it seems to be a little dificult to get it to work under Linux.

I also happen to have a Beoport that I don't use if that could be used in any way.

Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance 

• 09-03-2008 3:00 AM In reply to

Re: Mythbuntu HTPC BEO4 remote

Interesting project, unless you are willing and know how to write a device driver, then using your spare Beoport is not an option.

I think you have a few options you may wish to consider, but the one I would look into first is using "Crossover Linux 6.0" which would allow you to use Sconi V2 receiver which you say works under windows. Crossover allows you to run Windows applications on a Linux system.

Regards Keith....

• 09-03-2008 3:25 AM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

I'll take a look at the trial version. I have allready tried WINE but it doesn't allow me to communicate with the USB reciever Sad
  • 09-10-2008 4:15 PM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

unfortnualy it didn't work with USB either Sad
  • 11-09-2008 12:29 PM In reply to

• kurfuer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Dresden
    • Posts 35
    • Founder

please ask Ulf http://forum.beoworld.org/members/Ulf.aspx - he can provide you a controller (internally connected via serial) so you can control the PC via lirc (the other side will be pin8 of SCART cable)
  • 11-09-2008 1:32 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I can also confirm that Ulf has made an excellent job for the remote of various devices with Beo4. He has already converted 2-3 for me and they still work perfect.

From my point of view this is the best solutiomn.

By the way I'm also thinking of building up a Media center for my living room but it is still on papers!!!

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)