in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2008 3:16 PM by Alex. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2008 2:28 PM

Wii Users

Hi folks, haven't posted in a while, but still watching and interested in all threads.

If you've got a wii, read on. I have my console connected to my main TV in lounge, great. I've just purchased a wireless sensor bar, and if I put it in a TV link room I can make it communicate with the wii in the lounge, so hey presto with the combined expertise of B&O and Nintendo I can play with my wii in a link room. I expect this may not work with everyone as we have a modern (thin walled) house, and everything depends on the wireless sensor bar communicating with the console, also some sensor bars have a better range than others. Mine cost £9.99, and I think has been money well spent.

Brian

• 09-01-2008 3:09 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Re: Wii Users

I don't see why you can't make your proposal work. The limiting factor for your setup would be how well the information transmits from the wireless sensor bar back to the Wii. I am assuming that you can view the wii source on the link TV, right? (sorry, I know, silly question)

The white Wii box doesn't have any sensors of it's own, and relies on the sensor bar for all it's wireless communications (to controllers, I believe).

Great idea! Hope it works!

-Sal 

P.S. wondering where to place the sensor bar on the BV8... without having it affect it's looks... I'm going with a wall bracket, so maybe the sensor bar can be mounted immediately under the "shelf" of the television...  

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-01-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

Sal

Works perfectly, I use v aux2 on beo4, and picture/sound is drawn into link room.

Brian

• 09-01-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The WiiMote works through Bluetooth, and I can send files from my phone to the household's iMac which is on a completely different floor/through two solid 1740 stone walls...

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)