in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-04-2009 3:51 PM by tc0fh. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2008 6:34 PM

Beosystem 1 - IR Receiver

Purchased a used Beosystem 1 but the IR receiver was not included. My question is can I use the IR receiver from a BeoLink Active kit. The wiring diagram for the Beolink is different than the wiring shown in the Beosystem 1 reference manual. Beolink shows 1=yellow, 2=grey, 3=Green, 4=White, 5=Brown. The Beosystem 1 shows 3=Green, 4=Yellow, 5=Brown. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

• 09-02-2008 9:08 PM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 1 - IR Receiver

http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/ir_eye_wiring.htm

It seems you need black yellow and green or does the BS1 have a different connector?

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-02-2008 10:23 PM In reply to

The BeoSystem has a single (three wire) plug similar to that found on headphones, whereas, the plug with the Beolink Active is a 7 pin DIN type connector. It is quite possible that the two are not interchangable.

Thanks Ron

• 09-03-2008 7:33 AM In reply to

I think that is described in  the wiring diagram that I am linking to. Only thing is, you do not mention black which it has.

Cheers

JK 

• 09-03-2008 8:39 PM In reply to

The connector that I purchased for the beosystem 1 from the Bang and Olufsen store does not have a black wire and the wiring diagram I downloaded from this Forum for the beosystem one shows only green yellow and brown. I am wondering if  because the IR receiver that I have with the beolink active is connected to a beolink connection box if there is something different in this IR receiver.

I appreciate your input.

• 09-04-2008 2:10 PM In reply to

I think the IR receiver that is normally used for beovisions would be an IR eye only, no additional buttons. The one that is used for Beolink active has additonal buttons, i.e. for volume so there would be more cables.

I think I would give it a try though.

• 09-04-2008 8:56 PM In reply to

Thanks jk1002,

I will try a couple of combinations this weekend. Will let you kown how I make out.

• 09-05-2008 2:37 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

I'm pretty sure it will work with any IR eye as long as you make the right connections.  I've used the BS1 with the newer BS3 IR eye ( in your diagram) with the light sensor etc on it and it works just fine despite having a different terminal arrangement then the active kit eye.  AFAIK the eye for the BS1 was the same as the active kit electronically.  The only difference being the absence of markings on the front of the case (vol, ^, v etc.) for the BS1.  As I recall it was pretty straight forward to make a custom cable with an old mini stereo plug and some ethernet cable.  I believe cat5 is actually what some installers use for the eyes when they do custom cables.  The diagram you have is for the newer eye but they are similar in wiring to the 5 connector BS1/Active eye.  I couldn't find the diagram for the active/BS1 eye on Beotech for some reason.  I did, however, find the a correct wiring for it here in the ActiveLink Reference manual on page 5.  Just keep in mind that you only need the three connections in the correct ports:

http://www.beoworld.org/manuals_view.asp?pid=980 

-Michael

• 09-10-2008 1:25 PM In reply to

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and it shows the same 5 wire connections that I have for the beolink active. The difference between this diagram and the one with the Beosystem 1 is the yellow wire. It is shown on pin 4 on the Beosystem 1 and pin 1 on the active link. I tried these two combination but neither seemed to work. The Beosystem 1 shows only 3 wires. I am out of town this week so I am going to try to connect the beolink active up through the proper junction box and see if it is actually working when connected up to all five pins. I did call our location B&O store and they said I need to buy the standard "puck" as they referred to it. Still think this IR should work but it all else fails I will buy a new IR puck.

thanks

Ron

• 09-10-2008 8:37 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

You are right. I mistakenly stated that the link was the correct wiring.  What I meant to say was that it was the correct "puck" ( as opposed to the one in the previous link).  

If it still helps anyone I finally found a picture of the correct puck and wiring out of the BS1 Guide.

-Michael

• 09-15-2008 2:17 PM In reply to

Hi Michael,

This was the original connection that I tried but could not get it to work. Frustrated I stopped by the B&O store yesterday and purchased a new IR puck and everything works. The salesman at the store did not feel the IR puck from the active link would work but was not sure why.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

• 04-25-2009 4:50 AM In reply to

hello?

how much is IR puck?

thanks

• 05-04-2009 3:51 PM In reply to

• tc0fh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Hello!

I managed to hook an IR eye from a beolink active to the BeoLink PC2. Check my other posts.

I was wondering if you are willing to test the connection in my post on your Beosystem.

I tried to use the same IR eye with my Beosystem 2 and it didn't work. However, my Beosystem 2 is (almost dead). I'll check if the connections are the same for BeoLink and Beosystem with the oscilloscope tomorrow and I'll let you know if you need to swap wires or not.

Regards,
    Andrei

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)