in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-06-2008 2:48 PM by beojeff. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2008 5:55 PM

Zektor and BeoSystem 1

What versions of the Zektor Component Switch (HDS4, 4.1, 4.2) works with the BS1? Thanks in advance.

Diggs2701

• 08-31-2008 10:32 AM In reply to

Re: Zektor and BeoSound 1

The HDS4 has a default IR code that is ready for the BS1 PUC. Therefore, there is no programming needed.

However, the HDS4.1 and HDS4.2 can easily be programmed to work with the BS1. Also, the HDS4.1 and HDS4.2 have buttons so that you can manually switch the input. This can be very useful in some circumstances. For example, if you have a dvd player connected to the BS1 via s-video, you then have an unused dvd input on the Zektor box to connect a component device.  Then, if you hit, for example, "V.AUX" on the Beo4 and quickly press the button for the dvd input on the Zektor box, you can utilize that extra component input. This can all be programmed into the Beo5 with a macro to automate this if you also have a lintronic device.

• 10-03-2008 3:29 PM In reply to

I just bought the HDS4, when I hook up do I need to put the IR sensor in front of the zektor in order to use with the Beo4? I am trying to hook up my Comcast Motorola DVR, DVD Player, Wii and Apple iPod dock to all inputs of the zektor switch. Thanks!
  • 10-03-2008 4:03 PM In reply to

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Yes, you need to use the IR transmitter on the Zektor switch. I did the same, and have the HDTivo, Wii, and AppleTV hooked up through it.
  • 10-06-2008 3:26 PM In reply to

How does the Beo4 know what component is on what channel of the zektor switch?

Are there certain ways that I should be hooking up each component? Do I need to assign the component (DVD, CABLE, WII, AppleDOCK) in the beo4?

Thanks!

• 10-07-2008 9:12 PM In reply to

I haven't used my BS1 or Zektor switch in over a year, so this info is all from my increasingly dim memory of how it all functions. I hope I still have it all straight.
    The Zektor switch should be used only for the three component video leads from each video source; the audio and IR connections from each source should be connected to and switched directly by the Beosystem 1 as per usual.
    The component video leads from each source have to be connected to the Zektor inputs in a specific fixed order: (1) STB, (2) SAT, (3) VAUX, (4) DVD. Only then will the Beo4 buttons activate the desired source. Note, however, that the order of the inputs on the back of the Zektor (left to right) is the reverse of the order of the connectors on the rear of the Beosystem 1 (right to left).
    The IR flasher for the Zektor should be connected to the VAUX IR output socket on the BS1. If you have a video source connected to the VAUX sockets on the BS1 that also requires operation with an IR flasher, then you must use a Y-connector to split the IR socket output to the two flashers. Not to worry, the Zektor IR codes won't interfere with the VAUX source's codes and vice versa.
    Lastly, be certain that your Beosystem 1 has a recent software version installed that lists the Zektor switch in the setup menu - it is the last line item in the menu and has only off and on as options, as I recall. If it is not there, you will have to get the BS1 software upgraded in order for the Zektor switch to function with your system.
  • 10-15-2008 10:10 PM In reply to

I hooked it up and the Motorola Comcast DVR works great in slot 1 (STB) but the remote for the motorola box switches the input on the zektor box (I think it interferes, same codes)

I have my Wii hooked up to the (2) STB using Monster Cable Component Cables but I don't get any video

I have a iPod hooked up to (3) VAUX using apple component cable but I don't get video, just audio

DVD player hooked up to (4) DVD using component cables and everything works fine

Any help or ideas would be appreciated! It has been a long process! Thanks!

• 10-16-2008 4:14 AM In reply to

diggs2701:

I hooked it up and the Motorola Comcast DVR works great in slot 1 (STB) but the remote for the motorola box switches the input on the zektor box (I think it interferes, same codes)

I have my Wii hooked up to the (2) STB using Monster Cable Component Cables but I don't get any video

I have a iPod hooked up to (3) VAUX using apple component cable but I don't get video, just audio

DVD player hooked up to (4) DVD using component cables and everything works fine

Any help or ideas would be appreciated! It has been a long process! Thanks!

Zektor Component Switch (HDS4, 4.1, 4.2)... ....Motorola Comcast DVR ... ...Wii hooked up using Monster Cable Component Cables to the zektor box ...  ...... iPod using apple component cable Apple iPod dock... ...DVD player hooked using component cables ...

I'm very sorry but not sure if you're asking in the right forum to get your Zektor Component Switch working right.

Santiago

• 10-16-2008 8:08 AM In reply to

I recall B&O tech support advising me that certain motorola devices use the same code as certain Zektor boxes, which results in interference. You should ask for Roland in U.S. tech support to see if he can help with a solution.
  • 10-16-2008 9:41 AM In reply to

My zektor switch is working fine, I am just wondering if anyone else hooked up there wii/iPod/AppleTV to the switch to a BS1. I am sure it is an easy fix but for some reason I am not getting any video from the Wii and iPod (maybe there is am adjustment I have to make).

beojeff,

Thank you, I will call support to see if there is anything I can do about the interference. It turns out, if I close the door for the level the switch is on in the cabinet it doesn't do it.

Thanks.

• 10-17-2008 11:51 AM In reply to

Re: Zektor and BeoSystem 1

I got it!! Thanks for all of your help. It turns out I didn't go into the Beosystem 1 menu and select component for all of the sources. Now I just have to figure out how to set the wii to 480p without any video on the BV 4 (It is automatically set to 480i in the wii).

Thanks!!!

• 11-04-2008 6:00 PM In reply to

Thanks beobuff for the detailed explanation of the Zektor's input and the specific fixed order in which they are set.  I have been search B&O forums ever since I got a hold of my Zektor H4.1 tried to get it to function properly w the BS1.

Final tonight everything is running smoothly.  It's amazing when everything just comes together.

Thanks to diggs2701 for initiating the thread as well.

Conjureone

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 11-05-2008 10:13 PM In reply to

beojeff:
    I recall B&O tech support advising me that certain motorola devices use the same code as certain Zektor boxes, which results in interference. You should ask for Roland in U.S. tech support to see if he can help with a solution.
    Latest inside information is that Rolland Rahr was recently laid off by BOA. Too bad. He was just about the only person at BOA who really tried to provide assistance to B&O end users, although he seemed swamped at times and didn't always answer messages reliably, especially during the past six months. Nobody else there will give you the right time of day. BOA tech support leaves much to be desired, I am afraid.
  • 11-06-2008 11:01 AM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

This is horrible news.  Rolland has been an invaluable source of assistance to me over the years.  His departure from BOA is tragic.

If Rolland reads this message....thank you for all the help you have provided me and good luck with whatever new endeavors you pursue.  You will be missed.

• 11-06-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

This is indeed very bad news for B&O customers. Rolland had always gone the extra mile to help me and was able to handle even the most complex technical issues. In many cases, I found that other technicians would give incorrect information and answers. However, Rolland's technical advise was always sound. He will be missed.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)