in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2008 7:06 AM by thunderstarter. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2008 12:37 PM

Beovision 7 - Audio Input Problems - Freecom MP350

hi, I am trying to play a Freecom MP350 Media player through my Beo7. I can get visual via the DVI input on the beo7 but the audio is driving me nuts! the standard red and white audio input dont work, so I went to Comet and bought a digital coaxial cable and tried plugging it into all of the 4 digital inputs on the back, and non of those work either, (even by changing the sound settings!). I think ours is the first generation Beo7 but we had the HD upgrade and software update last year in preparation for Sky HD.

I have set up a connection via 'v-aux2' in the connection settings.

The wierd thing is I can get the freecom player to connect both audio and video if I use the temporary camera connection situated at the top of the back of the Beo7. Using the 3 pin audio (red and white) and video input (yellow).

The freecom mp350 has outputs for DVI, RGB, S-video, and the yellow video out. On the audio side it has standard red and white audio out, optical out, and digital coaxial.

I cant believe we spent a huge amount of money on this tv and then again we paid for an upgrade to be HD compliant + software reflash last year, and now I find the beo7 wont accept audio input from an external device. Whats going on?!?!

Thanks

Dan 

• 08-27-2008 1:05 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: Beovision 7 - Audio Input Problems - Freecom MP350

Hi Dan, and welcome to Beoworld!

Have you modified the audio settings in the BV7? When audio comes via digital connection, you have to modify the Connections menu to A1, A2, A3 or A4.

Hope this helps.

Quim

• 08-27-2008 4:36 PM In reply to

Hi, yes when I tried all 4 digital ports (A1 - 4) I changed the setting each time to reflect the number of the port.

This did nothing.

Thanks
    Dan

• 08-28-2008 5:23 AM In reply to

Hi,

I know it sounds a little stupid but B&O can be slightly unusual with connections sometimes, have you tried plugging the red and white audio cables into a scart adapter (the ones that allow you to input the red, white and yellow) and then plugging this into the assigned input that you have selected for the dvi input. It wont give you digital sound but will give you audio at least.

Another option is to put the red and white into the audio input on the far left of the connection pannel, the top two of the component inputs and then change the settings to AV4, name it V AUX 2 then see if it works on V AUX 2 if not (although it sounds stupid change it to PC).

Not sure if this will help but def worth a try.

Vinnie.

PS remeber to put the old AV port that you used to NONE so you can use VAUX 2 again.

• 08-28-2008 5:32 AM In reply to

Also just realised that it wont let you name AV4 as anything else than PC so you will have to use that as it's name.

To add PC to your Beo4 - Press Standbye and list together at the same time, use up/down arrow until add appears in the window, press Go and scroll through until PC is in the window then press GO.

PC will now be on your list button, scroll through until PC appears and press go.

Good luck.

• 08-28-2008 7:06 AM In reply to

Hi there, thanks for the replies. I had actually tried the 2 audio inputs on the rear panel (above the component out ports) again, these didnt work, which is bizzare, and makes me wonder if there is a software/hardware fault. The only sound input I can get to work is the one at the top of the set (the temporary camera input ports).

Ive not tried putting the audio cables into a scart lead. Im waiting for the B&O shop to come back to me, in the meantime I'll try the scart inputs. Its not a good enough resolution though, on a tv that has digital sound capability.

Thanks for you advice, if I get a resolution I shall post back here.

Thanks
    Dan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)