in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2008 10:43 PM by jk1002. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2008 2:26 AM

hidden radio

I just like to share this with you. I quite like the user interface. I don't think it will sound that great, but that was probably not the intention of the designer anyway.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-27-2008 6:06 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: hidden radio

That's nifty!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-27-2008 6:21 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I must say it is a pretty nice idea!

I really liked it. Don't know quality of sound but as an idea I think it's fantastic and very much B&O oriented, although I think too many will dissagree with me!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-27-2008 8:20 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

This is something I would call a promising start.  I can't imagine that tuning the radio wouldbe anything other than frustrating with no display at all as a guide.  I could almost see this as a simple link room device though, rotate for step-up/down...maybe tap on the top to change sources.  Think really simple, like BeoLab 2000.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 08-27-2008 10:11 AM In reply to

Hi:

I like the idea but do not think it is B&O territory at all. To be honest I think that if this were to get investment or interest from a connected business person (think VC/Angel/Dragon's Den) it would be sold in Woolworths or Robert Dyas. Obviously the website does not tell you what the product is made from etc. The design has its merits but to be honest it just reminds me of one of those touch lights that you can buy from Argos. They have a slight 'oh that's clever' charm to them but aren't amazing. 

This is all conjecture and opinion so I am happy to concede that I am wrong if I have missed something.

• 08-27-2008 10:28 AM In reply to

how about this one?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-27-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Looks like some sort of Kitchen item IMO. I do like the glass one though.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-27-2008 10:43 PM In reply to

it looks interesting. But I am think that when you raise the cover to switch on an increase the volume you may change accidently the frequency. If they built that they would have to fine tune this. And then also the base would have to be quite heavy so that you can change volume while its on a shelf or table with one hand .....

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)