in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-29-2008 8:02 AM by Ken. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2008 11:28 AM

Penta Sound

Having learned how popular the Beolab Pentas are in this forum, I am very curious on how they sound like. Can anyone shed some light on that?
  • 08-26-2008 11:33 AM In reply to

Re: Penta Sound

I think Peter gave a very fair summary in the other ongoing thread on this forum about the Beovox Pentas - you might want to check there.

I don't know of many Penta owners who dislike them though for their sound. Some are iffy about their looks (better in contemporary interiors, IMO), but the sound quality is well-respected providing there are no foam rot issues. I use my Beovox Pentas with a Beomaster 8000 amplifier and am very happy with them. I would only swap for a pair of Beovox 5000 panels, and then only if I didn't have space for the Pentas :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 08-29-2008 8:02 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Re: Penta Sound

Hi,

I had a pair of Penta III's for 10 years. I was very very satisfied with the sound (and looks). To me the sound is smooth, relaxed and very 80's style with good bass and not too crisp sharp high-end.

After getting a BV7 with BL 7.4 and BL3's as rear I discovered that the Penta's sound didn't fit the new range of speakers with ALT. These new speakers have a very detailed and crips sharp high end and the Penta's don't. This is nothing bad for the Pentas but just different type of sound. I had to shift the Pantas to BL9's in order to get a set-up with equal type of sound and details, as a 5.1 movie / sound track was very strange to listen too with the different type of sound from the speakeres.

Too me the Penta's are very good but not to be used in a set-up with other ALT based speakers.

Ken

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)