in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-19-2009 4:49 AM by Luke . 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2008 6:12 AM

• Felle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

Beolab 5 calibration problem

Hi!

I have a pair of beolab 5 and one of the speakers aren't working correctly. 

The problem is that it won't calibrate anymore. When I start the calibration process, the mic comes out and it starts making the lowest frequencies. But after that it just turn off. It only makes the first stage of the calibration then the mic goes back in and the led starts blinking red. 

The speakers plays and works fine otherwise but the green LED is constantly blinking. I think it's saying that it's not calibrated.

Have anyone experienced similar problem? What could be wrong?

Best regards

/Felix 

• 08-26-2008 10:42 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 5 calibration problem

You're right, I think.  As I recall, blinking green means calibration failed.  A couple of things to try BEFORE bringing in the serviceman:

1)  Unplug the system to allow the system to reset/restart.  Try it again.  

2)  It may be that you have sufficient LF ambient noise in your environment (Air Conditioning, or other LF sounds) that the calibration system can't establish the presence of the calibration signal - I've had this happen a couple of times.  Once, we had to ask a hotel manager to turn off the building AC for a few minutes so we could calibrate.  You might want to check on that sort of possibility.  

If neither of those work out, it is time to get help from B&O.  Not to worry, it's not a biggie!  

Good luck!  

Best,

Dave
    Dave Sausalito Audio LLC
  • 08-26-2008 1:17 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Hi Dave!

Just wanted to let you know the never ending topic News 2008 / 2009 has turned into an advanced discussion about BeoLab 5.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 08-27-2008 9:41 AM In reply to

Daniel wrote:

Hi Dave!

Just wanted to let you know the never ending topic News 2008 / 2009 has turned into an advanced discussion about BeoLab 5.

Thanks for the heads-up.  It was pretty entertaining and gratifying.  

Best,

Dave

Dave Sausalito Audio LLC
  • 08-28-2008 5:17 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Dave Moulton:

Thanks for the heads-up.  It was pretty entertaining and gratifying.  

Thought you would enjoy it.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 08-30-2008 7:22 AM In reply to

• Felle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

I have tried cutting the power, restarting the system and I don't seem to have alot of ambient noise since it has worked many times before.

Well, I guess I have to make a call to my B&O dealer.

Thanks for the help though!

Felix 

• 05-17-2009 5:55 PM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Was this ever resolved? just notice one of mine is doing the same. It flashes red at the end of the calibration.... requesting me to do it again.

• 05-18-2009 3:59 AM In reply to

I take it you've correctly entered the pin-codes and gotten the sign-off on those?

You can try restarting the speaker by disconnecting it from the mains for five minutes, and then reconnecting it.

You should also make certain that the right option setting has been performed, though I don't think this should affect calibration.

If the speaker is too close to a reflecting wall, or other object that creates interference of the pulses, then it will stop the calibration and warn that it hasn't been performed. Placement may therefore also play a role here.

• 05-18-2009 5:41 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Well... we have noticed that something somewhere is making a loud vibration during the calibration. So that could be throwing it. I think it might be  the BS 9000

or maybe it is because that speaker is more in a corner ?

It did work one time... just not when we moved the speakers again.

There is no code in the speakers we checked when we bought them... everything is legit and signed off. We even made a visit to the store he bought them from just after to confirm.

• 05-18-2009 7:49 AM In reply to

I had also the "red flashing"problem on one of mine. A calibration was not possible anymore, also resetting was not successfull.

The end was, that the powersupply had to be changed. Took about 2 hours with the servicetechnician, but then it worked again. The design of the BL5 is not that servicefriendly. There are a lot of screws at unbelieveable positions, looking back it was an interesting evening with the technician, but at that time i was not feeling so lucky. (all work and parts were covered by the warranty)

• 05-18-2009 8:10 AM In reply to

It could be just a rumble or other interference that stopped the calibration from being completed. Worth checking out - and yes, taking a BL5 "apart" is a task. I've had the skirt off to look at the innards.

• 05-18-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I will try it again when I get a chance.... maybe after moving it. Hopefully it's nothing too big because it would be 6 months out of warranty. boo. They still play perfectly though so I am not too concerned.

• 05-19-2009 4:17 AM In reply to

Hi, you could try this. Its the B&O factory hard reset. Press and hold the field sensors for 20 - 30 secs. You will hear a distinct POP. This sequence takes the speakers back to factory rest values.

My dealer whenever he comes over to my place (about twice a year as I have just bought the B&O BS3 & Projector  System) and moves the speakers about, he always does a hard reset.

Hope this works for you.

• 05-19-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Hey thank you for that. I might give it a go.

The only problem could be that the calibration did work when we first set it up. So it would lose those settings. Hmmm decisions decisions.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)