in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-15-2009 3:09 PM by Tony. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2008 3:36 PM

• Turbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Sundsvall Sweden
    • Posts 67
    • Bronze Member

MCL X-TRA speaker kit, installation information wanted

I have purchased a MCL X-TRA speaker kit but I have no information on how to connect it. The manuals for download are not in any language I understand....
    My plan was to have extra speakers in the bed room connected to a beosystem 7000 in the livingroom.

Where can I find this information?
    Thank you!

Jens Larsson Engine development engineer
  • 08-25-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Re: MCL X-TRA speaker kit, installation information wanted

Hi there.

On the user manual page there is also the MCL X-TRA active speaker which is in English. Should not make a big difference but I might be wrong of course.

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-25-2008 4:43 PM In reply to

Pretty simple really if you mean the passive speakers. You need an MCL cable to plug into speaker 2 of the 7000 system - this has two 3 pin DIN plugs on and the right and left are clearly marked - it is important which way round they go! The other end is bare wire and there are 7 wires, colour coded there. The MCL2A has connections inside and the connections are labelled with the colours. You also need the transceiver which again has a cable with 5 wires colour coded. These also have a connection block inside the MCL2A box. Do all the wiring, then plug the 3 pin plugs into the back of the 7000 system. You need to set the options and if all you are going to do is use it for music, set it to option 2 - on a Beolink 1000, press Link, 2, Store. It should be set to this anyway but always worth doing it again! 

Attach the speakers and it should be fine! If both lights are lit up on the transceiver, the timer will work in that room. Press TIMER on the transceiver to toggle between  Timer on and off. 

• 07-06-2009 7:43 AM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 21
    • Gold Member

How do I mount the transciever to the wall? Is there a wallbracket? The whole on the back of the actual transciever looked strange I think.

• 07-06-2009 9:40 AM In reply to

if it's the 2047 (the same as mine) just prise it apart with a blunt knife - there are vertical and horizontal fixing holes and a channel to run the cable.

The MCL Plugs are still available from B&O for €4 a piece and if your soldering is ok - it's a piece of cake.

• 07-10-2009 6:12 PM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 21
    • Gold Member

Thank you for quick answer (though I was slow too reply ;-)  )

It was like U said very easy!

I have also bought MCL Plugs and soldered it to my Link cable. A piece of cake! :-)

Will test it tomorrow!

• 10-15-2009 3:09 PM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 21
    • Gold Member

Everything has worked fine for a couple of month but now the transceiver stops to work after approx 10-12 hours.

The LED is not lit and doesnt respond to remote or button press

I have to disconnect/reconnect the BS4500 from the powersupply/wall socket to get it work again.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)