in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-23-2008 4:25 PM by Friedmett. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-23-2008 7:16 AM

• JP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

dead Beogram 8000 :-(

Hi all,
    Since 1982 I’m the proud (first hand) owner of a Beogram 8000. Thanks to this “friend” all my vintage records are still in a tiptop shape. Until recently he has never let me down. However since a few weeks he doesn’t start anymore. I noticed the following: when I disconnect and reconnect the electricity plug I can see very shortly four 3’s on the little LCD screen and the turntable moves a little bit (turns about ½-1 centimeter) The same happens when I push (randomly) some buttons.
    Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be and if so how to solve it?
    Any help is very much appreciated
    Jean Pierre

Filed under: ,
  • 08-23-2008 7:29 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: dead Beogram 8000 :-(

Hi and welcome to Beoworld ! Yes -  thumbs up 

Generally, three issues count for the vast majority of faults in these decks;

1. Cracked solders from millions of micro-vibrations from the mechanics, especially in the power supply and rectifier areas and at the connectors along the edge of the main board. Resolder the lot.
    2. Aging capacitors. They dry out with age. A convenient kit is available for this.
    3. Tachodisc pattern disintegrates. New tachodisc is available.

Your Beogram will have 1 and 2.
    Check 3 while in there. Replace the tachodisc with a new stainles steel one if yours is of the photographic type.

Other things to check; The muting relay and the connections to the DIN/relay board, depending on the type of relay it can have oxidated contacts so the muting fails (you will hear the needle land on the record etc.). Cleaning and relubricating of the servo motor threaded shaft. Check the servo motor belt for slippage (new belts are available), replace if it's still the original triangular type.

Martin

• 08-23-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

Re: dead Beogram 8000 :-(

Just want to point out that Dillen is the only one with a cap kit and tacho disc + belt and expertise of first degree on Beoworld. You can't really find this in any other place and B&O shops stops if the tacho disc is bad. Not made anymore. Cap kits? They don't like to go for soldering a board unless you pay the money for it and they don't have cap kits. they are special put together by Dillen.

The reproduction tacho discs works great. My Beogram 6006 has had a full service(long list caps included) and the tacho disc were finished. Thank's to Dillen it now plays flawlessly. He also serviced my Beogram 8002 in november 2007. A handfull of caps and soldering etc. It still plays perfectly.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)