in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-13-2007 10:44 AM by Peter. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2007 11:43 PM

Bang and Olufsen couch?

Good Morning. I have been a long time beoworld.co.uk reader and love this updated site. I am a huge Bang and Olufsen collector and was reading about another member getting a B&O couch. I was wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a Bang and Olufsen couch? Are the couches actually made by Bang and Olufsen or are they outsourced to a third party that I can buy from?

Thank you for reading. It would be a dream come true if I could get one!!!

• 05-12-2007 12:23 AM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Re: Bang and Olufsen couch?

Yes, a fellow member got one at the KaDeWe for a fab price that they wanted to bin if I recall correctly. So no chance to get another one there; I'm afraid. But I think I can still be of help: only a few weeks ago I remember that I browsed a danish site of a B&O second hand dealer.

it could have been here: http://bbuy.dk/group.asp?group=58 but I am not sure and at the moment it appears they dont offer any furniture. google a bit on google.dk and you might be lucky

just a side info - the sofa on the danish site I have seen has not been very cheap - and they offered both fabric and leather

• 05-12-2007 1:39 AM In reply to

Thanks for the response. Do you know the company that makes these couches? They are not very comfortable but they look beautiful.
  • 05-12-2007 5:52 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I think the couches normally are not sold. But ask a dealer, he sure can help you on this, even if he won't sell you his couch.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-12-2007 10:56 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

One has been soldon Ebay before. Cannot remeber the price though.

CraigBig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-12-2007 11:11 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

Hello!

The couch/sofas in B&O stores are from the designer Erik Joergensen. My dealer has the EJ 800 Rotor (the one you mentioned  as B&O Couch) and other sofas (I think EJ 40 and EJ 600).

The B&O version of the Rotor sofa has a special textile/leather and is only available for B&O stores.

Joergesen Homepage: http://www.erik-joergensen.com

Cheers

Foxtrott 

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 05-12-2007 12:30 PM In reply to

The one on ebay had a buy it now £700 iirc and was mint but they do come up from time to time... lovely pieces.
  • 05-12-2007 3:22 PM In reply to

bangandolufsen:

Good Morning. I have been a long time beoworld.co.uk reader and love this updated site. I am a huge Bang and Olufsen collector and was reading about another member getting a B&O couch. I was wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a Bang and Olufsen couch? Are the couches actually made by Bang and Olufsen or are they outsourced to a third party that I can buy from?

Give them a call.
    +31.464337746
    http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?url=http%3A//huis-inrichting.marktplaats.nl/banken/90236068-mooie-bang-olufsen-design-bank-aangeboden.html%3Freturn%3DeJwty%252BEKwiAUhuF7GWw%252FdeZG6pCoO5GyJto87DhaRffeGfXn8LzwHWeEeQfTDmhEp02F3s3ncRhLAcN5zOAndndzLJCcK8imxH8TBiMcwMom3Kygg1a1zZrIF7Ql1%252FIoanlKhfAKsHEl7rq9atVWT6q%252BV53WVLD89%252FFByGm5op8oM4btqRo%252BX6G0M0A%253D
  • 05-13-2007 6:34 AM In reply to

bangandolufsen:

Hi - are you in the UK - if so,send a PM.  We may be able to help - depending on which couch you want - there have been a few.

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 05-13-2007 7:03 AM In reply to

• LarsJensen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 65
    • Bronze Member

There is a danish store dealing in 2hand B&O who has some for sale. Take a look here. Scroll down.

http://www.radioogtveksperten.dk/shop/shop/default.asp

/Lars

• 05-13-2007 7:32 AM In reply to

Not cheap! He has some nice bits in as well! He could change the link from beoworld.co.uk to Beoworld.org though! Laughing

• 05-13-2007 9:07 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I would post a picture that is in the latest catalog, but safari is rubbish. What i'm trying to say that David lewis is the designer of a few of those couches! :)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-13-2007 10:44 AM In reply to

Sorry about Safari! I used it as well till we changed site - the web designers did also but Community Server is Microsoft based and hates Safari! I use Firefox not and it works fine. Actually I now prefer it.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)