in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2008 12:06 AM by beoaus. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2008 6:29 AM

Avant RF video link to Non-B&O linkroom TV.

I have wired a RF cable from my main room AVANT to my non-B&O link room TV (mainly TV usages)

However, very occationally I would like to link the DVD signal linked to my link room.

Is there any way (trick) to get the Avant to activate the DVD on the RF link signal - whitout installing a masterlink "system".

Maybe a secret BEO4 code

Any ideas

Thanks

• 08-18-2008 1:39 PM In reply to

Re: Avant RF video link to Non-B&O linkroom TV.

I'm almost certain that it isn't possible.

The problem lies within the modulator inside the avant. How to trigger it.

The easiest way is to use a beolink video module (without active speakers, only an ir-eye), which you install in the bedroom or next to the avant (in option 4).

Then you get the DVD on the RF cable, but only in mono.

Beobuddy.

• 08-19-2008 8:38 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

If the Avant is a later model (from about 1999+) you can turn the modulator to ON.  If not, there maybe a software upgrade for it.

goodl uck beoaus.

• 08-20-2008 2:24 AM In reply to

That was/is an option my first '95 Avant also had.

One of the benefits of a B&O telly is that you can watch TV while you can watch the Sat, DVD etc in the linkroom. That means if you're watching TV, DVD etc, the signal isn't automatically put on the RF cable.

So, switching on the modulator isn't enough.

Then there is the problem that if you switch off the Avant, the linkroom still needs the DVD signal over the RF cable.

I think that Eric-nl should invest some money in a few metres of ML cable and a Videolink module.

It gives you some extra interesting options. Watching dvd, dtv, sat, listening to the radio, cd etc (if available), timer options. Just my opnion though.

Beobuddy.

• 08-22-2008 12:06 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

You are quite right.  A Beolink Active will do and a masterlink cable to the box.... I think Beolink Video works only with B&O TV's..

Beoaus.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)