in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-29-2008 1:27 PM by marcus_m. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-11-2008 3:26 PM

HDR2 together with Avant 32" can't get it to work

Hi Guys

I bought a HDR2 together with my BL5, and tonight I tried to see how it works, but how should I connect it? In the manual it's writen that I can turn on or see the menu on the HDR2 when you press V TAPE or VMEM and then the green bottom on the beo4, but when I do this I only turn on the V TAPE in the Avant, so what should I do instead?

I have tried V_TAPE2 and V AUX but no menu on the Avant is showing either!

I can see that the power is on and TIMER is lighting up, but that must be from the last owner who must have programed something in the HDR2....!

Thanks

Regards Anders

• 08-11-2008 4:44 PM In reply to

Re: HDR2 together with Avant 32" can't get it to work

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but the HDR2 is not able to work with an Avant VCR. It can work with the DVD model or even the CTV, I believe.
  • 08-11-2008 5:02 PM In reply to

Sorry for my language

BUT god damn it [:'(]

Okay this must be the time for me to step up with a new TV then Huh?

Regards Anders

• 08-11-2008 5:39 PM In reply to

Keep the Avant in a link room!
  • 08-12-2008 2:19 AM In reply to

Hi Peter

Yes of course I will keep the Avant, it will be moved to one of the other rooms, when I have money for a new TV in the great room.

I got an idea this morning. We never use the Video in the Avant, what if I change the SW version to a Avant CTV without VIDEO or DVD could this solve the problem until I find out what I should have next BV9, BV7-52" or the BV5-HD ready model? Anyone know when the BV7-52" will be on the roadmap?

Thanks

Regards Anders

• 09-29-2008 2:24 AM In reply to

I have a new question for you guys about the HDR2

I already have this HDR2, but can this external HDR2 be used together with the Beovison 9 if it also have HDR2 built-in?

Thanks

Regards Anders

• 09-29-2008 3:43 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Hello all

In my Avant 32 RF type 8430 I can choose if it shall act as a TV-chassie with or without VCR.

Would that solve Anders HDR2 problem if he select the TV-chassie to without VCR???

BV10

• 09-29-2008 4:21 AM In reply to

hebo:

In my Avant 32 RF type 8430 I can choose if it shall act as a TV-chassie with or without VCR.

Hi Thanks for you reply! How do you choose this?

Regards Anders

• 09-29-2008 4:36 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

If I remember correctly...

Choose Setup menu, and then get the service menu, and in the bottom there is TV-Chassie as an option.

but as I said IF I remember correctly Smile

BV10

• 09-29-2008 5:00 AM In reply to

The Avant VCR cannot handle the HDR2 because the available scarts do not handle 2 way AVL.

Only the Scart that goes to the VCR can be used for a recorder.

I am wondering if you could not dsconnect the internal VCR and connect it to the HDR2. I would not do it unless I have talked to someone who has done it before. I think it has already been discussed, but I cannot remember if they said it worked or not.

Where do you get your TV from? Canal Sat?

• 09-29-2008 11:23 AM In reply to

Hi

I have tried to change from "Intern VCR" from YES to NO, this didn't help at first.

But somehow I have now mange to turn on the HDR2 at one point Embarrassed, but still no menu on the screen, then I tried to move the scart kable, and then I could see the HDR2 menu on the screen, but i couldn't change anything on the menu, maybe because the menu state was not chosen correct on the Beo4 remote or as said here the scart is not 2 way.

I will try some more tonight, but I think that I'm only wasting my time, but I will let you guys know.

Thanks

Regards Anders

• 09-29-2008 11:31 AM In reply to

Search the forum. i am sure it was discussed.

• 09-29-2008 1:27 PM In reply to

Do you have the HDR2 connected to the scart where the VCR was connected to and do you have assigned this scart to "VCR"?

Marcus 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)