in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-14-2008 3:06 AM by h1npw. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-11-2008 3:46 AM

Coffee [C] Beoworld Appeal

As you may know, Beoworld receives no funding from B&O and is totally dependent on the subscriptions paid by its members and from advertising. The subscriptions actually hardly scratch the surface and yet despite this, Beoworld offers a vibrant and informative forum, a Prize Draw that must offer some of the best prizes for a tiny stake, and a huge number of user and service manuals that you will find nowhere else.

To keep the site moving, Beoworld is constantly investing in updated software and the latest incarnation will be seen fairly soon, allowing better Blogs and accessible Galleries in which you can share your pictures. 

All of this has to be paid for and Beoworld since it entered its new guise has not asked for any money for which you get nothing. Only Lee has to continually pay out! 

So my suggestion to help the site balance its books and allow us to keep improving is for all of us interested in keeping the site going to buy something from the site shop. I suggest the Latte mug would be a suitable low cost item that each of us would probably use and which help support the site. Why not call this the Beoworld 2008 item and buying one (or more!) marks us out as true supporters of Beoworld.  I would take it as a personal favour for as many people as possible to do this - I am buying three now.

• 08-11-2008 3:58 AM In reply to

Re: Beoworld Appeal

I will keep this site updated with the numbers of mugs sold - the number so far is three! Laughing
  • 08-11-2008 4:11 AM In reply to

Peter, please add 2 to your total. I just bought 2. I do feel bad about the delivery charge to Melbourne Australia, so if it helps, do not deliver it but keep the GBP 12 anyway.

regards

Peter Jacobs

• 08-11-2008 4:21 AM In reply to

• classic
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Venø - Struer / Denmark
    • Posts 224
    • Founder

I really agree here - we should support more and I will be happy to do so.

I have ordered a few latte mugs to be ready to serve coffee for my costumers when they visit Venø and Classic Audio.

/Frede

Beolab 5000 -  "If another amplifier sounds different then it needs repair!"

Filed under:
  • 08-11-2008 4:44 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

peterjacobs:

Peter, please add 2 to your total. I just bought 2. I do feel bad about the delivery charge to Melbourne Australia, so if it helps, do not deliver it but keep the GBP 12 anyway.

regards

Peter Jacobs

to Peter (J's) point - is the Donation Link still current? for those that are those happy to help but aren't too bothered about getting a mug or biro?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 08-11-2008 4:47 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

May I also suggest that any kind of donation could be something so why not even some kind of paypal payment if that could be accepted.

It could make things easier for people who would like to donate.

And with all this appreciated support of the site I think too many people would do it without the purchase of the coffee mugs.

Come on people. This site has helped thousands of Beo addicts fo many years. Let's make it moving forward!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-11-2008 5:07 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

spirost:

May I also suggest that any kind of donation could be something so why not even some kind of paypal payment if that could be accepted.

It could make things easier for people who would like to donate.

And with all this appreciated support of the site I think too many people would do it without the purchase of the coffee mugs.

Come on people. This site has helped thousands of Beo addicts fo many years. Let's make it moving forward!!!!

The link I posted below is exactly that - Donations via Paypal - I'm just asking for confirmation from a Moderator that the link is still active(i.e. the Paypal transfer does indeed land in the Beoworld coffers).

• 08-11-2008 5:14 AM In reply to

Hi

I have bought 2 now.

Looking forward to drink coffee from this mug Coffee

Regards Anders

• 08-11-2008 6:46 AM In reply to

I had forgotten about the donation link. I am sure it is still working though I am keen that people should get something as a token. Another site I frequent (fountain pens!) has issued limited edition pens so that you can support the site and get something which is special. Maybe we can in the future do something similar but mugs was the best I could think of this year!

I sympathise with shipping costs! Very good of you to donate anyway! 

• 08-11-2008 8:25 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Works perfectly alright! I just did the donation and I do encourage other members to do so.

I do remember few years back at the beggining of Beoworld, all the costs needed to keep it and quite honestly you are doing an excellent job!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-11-2008 1:59 PM In reply to

Ive already got two mugs (bought one and won one), however i do fancy a T-shirt or polo shirt. Shame there isnt a short sleeved polo shirt available.

I would normally buy large size t-shirts but sometimes the large is too large and i could get away with a medium.

Does anyone know if the large really is LARGE or just large (do you know what i mean?)

Big Smile 

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 08-11-2008 2:03 PM In reply to

Oh, silly me. Just checked the gifts page and if you click on the t-shirts it does give you actual sizes. Looks like i might be a medium Stick out tongue

Edited to add, By the way the mugs are great quality and quite big. Definitely recommended 

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 08-11-2008 2:25 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

ArgyleMoss:

...................... Looks like i might be a medium Stick out tongue

OK - so what am I thinking now????Whistle

• 08-11-2008 2:36 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-11-2008 2:52 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

He knew you were going to say that..

LaughingLaughing 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-11-2008 3:17 PM In reply to

I bought a couple of mugs soon after they were available and they've managed to survive my mother, so they must be good!!

Regards Brett
  • 08-11-2008 3:32 PM In reply to

Not to take this off topic, but. I think if more is needed to run the website we should look at more advertising or scale the price draws back even though it adds a lot of exitement.

I personally wouldn't mind some adds on the forum pages, hell, even a pop up would be OK if it comes once and I wouldn't get one for each click.

I do not exactly know how selling add space works but I am guessing it is possible without jumping through hoops and the site is quite active it seems.

I think this is a discussion that we should have on another thread, if it is feasable.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 08-11-2008 3:58 PM In reply to

I agree and this is something we are looking at. However I think we as members need to show that we value everything that Lee has done for us and though this will raise relatively little, it shows that we care about the site. A site is only as good as its members and I believe this will show those of us willing to do something for the site.
  • 08-11-2008 4:51 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Totally agree!! Lee for sure is the solid ground of Beoworld

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-11-2008 10:32 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I'm all for this! 

I was going to just donate $30 (don't want any trinkets), but is it equally as helpful to upgrade the membership to silver for instance? I wish i could afford to do more to contribute. I very much appreciate this site and how well it's run, what it offers and i often wonder who's paying for it all!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-12-2008 2:30 AM In reply to

Thanks Peter for bringing this up.  It was all too easy for me to forget how much effort, passion and time (and money) Lee has put into Beoworld to help make it what it is.  Also the support of the moderators, technical experts etc - all unsung heroes.  It was easy to just take it for granted so a reminder like this was very welcome.  I've done my small bit by buying 4 mugs and am considering membership as a gift to a friend.  As has been pointed out, upgrading membership is probably a good way to help and the benefits of upgrading are many.

Thanks Lee and all active members for helping maintain the best B&O site available.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 08-12-2008 3:04 AM In reply to

Dave:

I'm all for this! 

I was going to just donate $30 (don't want any trinkets), but is it equally as helpful to upgrade the membership to silver for instance? I wish i could afford to do more to contribute. I very much appreciate this site and how well it's run, what it offers and i often wonder who's paying for it all!

In all honesty, becoming a silver or gold member is better still. It is very kind that people  are donating but I am keen that people get something for their money. Silver and gold members get access to all sorts of manuals including all the catalogues which we have scanned - these are fascinating and in my view worth the money alone! As I have already done the work of scanning many of them, any subscriptions go directly to the site. Always interested in manuals or catalogues we don't have!

• 08-12-2008 7:19 AM In reply to

Well that was quick!! Mugs already here!! Thanks Lee!
  • 08-12-2008 7:31 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Peter :
    Well that was quick!! Mugs already here!! Thanks Lee!

It's the least i can do to show my appreciation of the support.  I am packing and sending same-day, and i am pleased to report that the mugs are going very well !!

Thank you to all those who have shown support thus far - every penny and cent really does help, and in effect you are helping yourselves as every penny goes towards the sites running costs and development. Thank you all !

Lee

Yes -  thumbs up

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-12-2008 11:05 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Peter :

In all honesty, becoming a silver or gold member is better still. It is very kind that people  are donating but I am keen that people get something for their money. Silver and gold members get access to all sorts of manuals including all the catalogues which we have scanned - these are fascinating and in my view worth the money alone! As I have already done the work of scanning many of them, any subscriptions go directly to the site. Always interested in manuals or catalogues we don't have!

Yes the manuals are fantastic, very much worth the money, thanks for the advice and input!

:D 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >