in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-13-2008 8:54 AM by BeoLad. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2008 1:09 PM

• cjfc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-22-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Help please - code

Hi all,

Just bought a BeoVision 6-26 today and am trying to set it up. It is asking for a pincode on turn on. However, i can't find one in anything that came with it e.g instructions manual. Is there a standard one or something related to the serial number?

Would call B&O Hampstead where i bought it but they're now closed.

Many thanks

Christian

• 08-10-2008 1:31 PM In reply to

Re: Help please - code

The pin is a theft protection pin... I hope you bought it from a B&O dealer and not "on the street"... you dealer can probably help you to solve this

good luck

/m

• 08-10-2008 1:33 PM In reply to

Afraid each set has a unique code usually set by the customer so we can't help. The dealer will have it or can get the Mastercode from Struer.
  • 08-10-2008 1:36 PM In reply to

• cjfc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-22-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Thanks. Thought that may be the case. Bought it today from B&O Hampstead UK and by the time i got home the shop was closed.

Though do think it's bad customer service to sell you a tv and not automatically give you the pin code - thought it should be pretty standard procedure

Thanks

Christian

• 08-10-2008 1:48 PM In reply to

I agree completely!! You could try 0000 - I think that might be the default setting though it is most unlikely that will work!
  • 08-10-2008 2:00 PM In reply to

• cjfc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-22-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Did try 0000, 9999, the first and last four digits of the serial number and a random four numbers i found on the box but all to no avail!!

So now locked out for three hours ... will probably try a few more later tonight :-) 

Will call the dealer tomorrow

Thanks

• 08-11-2008 9:40 AM In reply to

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

I surely hope it's a brand new one you bought at your dealers and not a "e-bay" one...

trusting a B&O fanatic you can give me the serial number and I give you the pin by mail

Philip

• 08-11-2008 9:47 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Spoken to Hampstead this morning on another matter, and it's all sorted apparently. Smile

Christian - enjoy your TV !!! Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-11-2008 9:53 AM In reply to

• cjfc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-22-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Yep, rang this morning and got the pin - apparently it was supposed to be on the invoice so they are re-sending.

Can't complain too much as it was a great deal (previous model etc etc)

Thanks for your help

Christian

• 08-11-2008 4:46 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Next time get your dealer's mobile phone and ask him in the middle of the night!!!!

He will never forget about it ever again and he will always double check on the invoices!!!!!!Stick out tongue

Best regards

Spiros

• 08-13-2008 7:52 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

All products equipped with PIN code protection has a transportation code set by the factory, this is to prevent theft during transportation and should be changed by customer when the product is installed.

The dealer can get the transportation PIN from the B&O Retail System, but once the customer has set his/her own code the product will be locked even for the dealer. A mastercode can be sent by B&O in Denmark to the registered customers home address if the customer can't remember the code. B&O do keep a log of any query for the transportation PIN or the mastercode.

Roger

• 08-13-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

• BeoLad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • West Midlands
    • Posts 37
    • Bronze Member

A dealer would not be stupid enough to give out his personal mobile phone number !

Imagaine the stupid calls he would get on a sunday?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)