in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-13-2008 12:00 PM by AdamS. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2008 4:54 AM

how to get inside the front panel of beomaster 5000 (paging martin)

hi martin ,

after the functionless volume button , the whole line of buttons on the front panel are dead now . would you please give me some hints on , what to open it up . thank you again for your helps .

regards

david

• 08-09-2008 5:16 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: how to get inside the front panel of beomaster 5000 (paging martin)

Yes, when first some of the traces break, the others will follow shortly.

You can take off the top cover, that fairly easy; Losen two screws at the rear a couple of turns each, slide up their brackets and tighten the screws again.
    The top cover can then be pushed a bit towards the rear and lifted up.
    Accessing the innards of the front panel is a rather more complex task and describing it here would turn this post into a novelle.
    The service manual is available for download for silver and gold members, well worth the membership fee for the amount of info there. Furthermore, gold members automatically enter the monthly prizedraw, which is easily worth the membership fee alone.

Martin

• 08-13-2008 3:42 AM In reply to

hi martin ,

i have upgraded to silver membership and have downloaded the service manuel . i will look into it and try to disassembly the beomaster . thank you .

david

• 08-13-2008 12:00 PM In reply to

• AdamS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • South UK
    • Posts 72
    • Silver Member

As a little tip, I found standard multi-way computer ribbon cable ideal for replacing the worn-out cable on my own Beomaster 5000. I actually did the job for the previous owners around 12 years ago and, when they gave me the system last year, I was please to find them all still working!
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)